AI Block Runway

Late activated units are not the same as dynamically spawned units. :)

Simply looks to be an issue of the spawning system allocating parking. You could possibly populate parking ids for the units in coalition.addGroup() so you can keep the static object where it was.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this happen to me. I have a KC 130 active on runway ready to takeoff and it does it if you are playing in single mission, but when you play this in Mp it rolls down the runway and don't takeoff and then blocks the runway.. I cannot figure this out for the life of me. It even happened to me in another mission with AI F15s ready to takeoff off as well. They spawned in at the players parking instead of the runway.

Looks like you guys have sorted this one with the parking allocation, but it reminded me I recently made a mission where I found that AI aircraft were attempting to take off in different directions depending on their parking location, which was not what I wanted.

I fixed it by increasing wind speed and setting the wind direction towards what I wanted to be the active runway. This seemed to fix it; the AI seem to want to always take off into the wind once the wind speed reaches some critical value.

This might help if others are having similar problems with AI conflicts causing blockages of runways.

Edited by Kestrel

8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB 3200 RAM, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution

I just had this happen to me. I have a KC 130 active on runway ready to takeoff and it does it if you are playing in single mission, but when you play this in Mp it rolls down the runway and don't takeoff and then blocks the runway.. I cannot figure this out for the life of me. It even happened to me in another mission with AI F15s ready to takeoff off as well. They spawned in at the players parking instead of the runway.

In MP runway spawns don't work at all. It will automatically do ramp hot spawn instead. It is done like that because it is trying to avoid possible collisions with clients who may be on the runway or on final.

Looks like you guys have sorted this one with the parking allocation, but it reminded me I recently made a mission where I found that AI aircraft were attempting to take off in different directions depending on their parking location, which was not what I wanted.

If you can replicate it again that would be helpful.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum