Weird keyboard problem

oscar19681

Since a while i have a weird keyboard problem. when im flying suddenly the keyboard stops working. The joystick and mouse keep working but the trigger for the gun doesnt for some reason. Its only when i ctrl alt delete out of the game and back in that the keyboard works again only to have the same problem again and again. Its really annoying! I dont have this problem with any other sims or games at all. What causes this? Im running the latest open beta version. But it happened on previous open beta versions as well. I tried different aircraft so its not module related or anything..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi

can you attach your dcs.log straight after this happens, we may find some clues.

Is your keyboard wireless?

You can find the dcs.log in your saved games dcs folder

If the DCS window losses focus in windows it can create this problem are you running in full screen? If you are try running dcs with admin permissions in windows.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As Newy said, it sounds like the game window loses focus. Try closing other apps, especially those in the systray.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

can you attach your dcs.log straight after this happens, we may find some clues.

Is your keyboard wireless?

You can find the dcs.log in your saved games dcs folder

If the DCS window losses focus in windows it can create this problem are you running in full screen? If you are try running dcs with admin permissions in windows.

thanks

Hi sorry for the late awsner. My keyboard is not wireless, im running dcs on steam so i think it automaticly runs on admin permission. I attached what i think is the dcs.log. It seems to happen most commenly with the F-14 module and in dogfight situations. It seems to affect my Joystick buttons as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi sorry for the late awsner. My keyboard is not wireless, im running dcs on steam so i think it automaticly runs on admin permission. I attached what i think is the dcs.log. It seems to happen most commenly with the F-14 module and in dogfight situations. It seems to affect my Joystick buttons as well.

No file attached sir, give it another try so one of these folks can attempt to assist you.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

No file attached sir, give it another try so one of these folks can attempt to assist you.

Cheers,

Don

when i want to upload it is says invalid file. Maybe im looking in the wrong location? one other problem i noticed with this keyboard problem is when it occurs my whole keyboard is messed up for a couple of seconds. For example labels on or of is suddenly activated by f-2 instead of shift f-10. really weird

Edited by oscar19681

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

try cleaning all your ctrl and alt keys. mine were sticking a while back and causing the same "bug". It reads as if you are hitting e.g. alt+spacebar which would stop the gun firing. every once in a while this happens, prob old keyboard, and i resolve it by jabbing the alt keys repeatedly lol

when i want to upload it is says invalid file. Maybe im looking in the wrong location? one other problem i noticed with this keyboard problem is when it occurs my whole keyboard is messed up for a couple of seconds. For example labels on or of is suddenly activated by f-2 instead of shift f-10. really weird

When it happens, try opening a browser window or text document. If you can't type characters and your inputs do completely random things then it will be that your Alt Gr key is stuck on.

It is a shortcut to loads of unknown and mysterious keyboard shortcuts nobody has ever heard of. Trust me