Semi new to mission building.... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #1
Swany

Default Semi new to mission building....

Couple things I'm trying to figure out

If I were download and use a mod, something along the lines that would give a static ground crew, vic's etc., would my friends then have to download the mod, or is there a way that it would get wrapped up in the ME/Miz file so when they downloaded, it would already be there?

Someone told me there are models within the game that you can place like ground crews, and structures around an airfield. I can find none? (Other than things like the F117 bomb crates). Am I missing something?

Thanks!
OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD
DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD
EVGA 2080Ti 11GB
EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS
3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)
Oculus Rift S VR
Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick
Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals
assorted button boxes/Arduino boards
All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)
Swany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:31 PM   #2
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Script files, custom audio files, and briefing/kneeboard images are included inside the .miz but each player and the server machine will need to have the custom object pack installed.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:52 PM   #3
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany View Post
If I were download and use a mod, something along the lines that would give a static ground crew, vic's etc., would my friends then have to download the mod
Yes

Quote:
... or is there a way that it would get wrapped up in the ME/Miz file so when they downloaded, it would already be there?
You could pack together both your Mission file, plus any custom livery, plus (saved games compatible) Mods ... but doing that would be rude to the Mod's and Liveries creators, as most of them dont allow you to redistribute their work .. these Mods and Liveries are free, so the least we can do is respect their authors wishes.

So, the proper way of doing this is to give your mission to your friends and alongside a readme file with the download links to any livery or mod that the missioon requires.

Quote:
Someone told me there are models within the game that you can place like ground crews, and structures around an airfield. I can find none?
DCS includes a lot of objects, but sadly airbase equipment isnt amongst them.

Because of this, on my missions I make use of this Mod:

https://virpil.com/en/news/58-vpc-ai...dlya-dcs-world

The Mod's author has issued an update patch for DCS 2.5.5, as the official download file only works with DCS 2.5.4 or earlier ... download it here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=275

With this Mod you can setup airbases like this:

Best regards,

Eduardo

Last edited by Rudel_chw; 09-15-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:29 AM   #4
Swany

Thank you both. I've already downloaded the MOD and am in the process of talking to my buddies about using it Something like that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for
OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD
DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD
EVGA 2080Ti 11GB
EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS
3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)
Oculus Rift S VR
Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick
Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals
assorted button boxes/Arduino boards
All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)
Swany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany View Post
Thank you both. I've already downloaded the MOD and am in the process of talking to my buddies about using it Something like that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for
Remember to patch the mod before using it, and apply it using a mod manager, as it triggers the IC .. this way you can easily deactivate it. To use it on my Server I’ve to allow clients that use custom textures.
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote