fargo007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

is there any news with the overlay?

it's a very useful feature for VR: it makes information readable much clearly

Edited by -=archer=-

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

This hasn't worked in VR at all. Tested it today, and still no joy.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

i have to add my own 2cents to this as well

as i have been flying the mi-8 a lot, and lately purchased the NS430, the in VR experience of the NS 430 is very unpleasant and barely acceptable, if i knew this , i wouldnt have purchased the NS430 as it is now

something must be done about it, thanks.

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

• 2 weeks later...

Tested yesterday, it still doesn't work in Oculus.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

NS430 in 'flat' mode is incompatible with VR devices. No workaround yet.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Yes.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

I previously asked developers for a change but didn't get any response. So I have to repeat the question: could you please change the plane symbol to a little bit more readable and closer to its real shape ? Now I have to strain eyes trying to distinguish a direction of the plane symbol on the NS430 display. Especially in VR.

right_GNS_symbol.JPG.625e51e2f950908a5703d85a3a0a65bc.JPG

dcs_GNS_symbol.JPG.39baff76195d5507ccbcdfd228f90c98.JPG

Edited by -=archer=-

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

ED can you see the pictures? Who make that shape of the plane icon?

Edited by -=archer=-

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I was looking at getting this module, but only fly in vr. Does anyone know if it works in vr yet?

I'm unaware of any change. Assume that we'll be waiting months.

My suggestion is that you wait and buy it on sale.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

It works in VR, to the extent that you can sit in the co pilot's seat and look at it and use it.

What doesn't work is the popup/overlay that exposes it in a larger way, as it does for non-VR.

So you can still use it (and I do), but you have to sit on the right side, and VR-zoom in on it to do anything meaningful.

I use a toggle switch secondarily for VR zoom which lets me remain zoomed in.

I agree with Mr_Sukebe, this probably isn't a priority but we can hope!

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 1 month later...
NS430 in 'flat' mode is incompatible with VR devices. No workaround yet.

I'm not a VR user, but a multi monitor user and at this moment, it just appear the "title bar" but not the device (2d)... so it is useless.

Is this related to the fact that the Payload selection is messed up in Multi Monitor users?

The only reason I won't recommend the product

Bordering to a fraud for us VR users

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 3 weeks later...
The only reason I won't recommend the product

Bordering to a fraud for us VR users

I downloaded the beta before the current update and it didn't work for me. Now I reinstalled my PC (new windows) and installed the beta firstly - It still doesn't work. I am a VR User, but I tried it first non-VR with one Display.

Well, let's hope they fix it, since I can not get my 9€ back from the last Steam sale...

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record