What is still broken/missing on the L-39 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #21
humptydumpty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunf View Post
In absence of RSBN stations, you can use the ADF (automatic direction finder) to find NDBs (Non directional beacons) and navigate with L-39. There are plenty of NDBs scattered around the Caucasus map, and most if not all airfields have at least one NDB (some have two, inner and outer). The ADF doesn't give you the range to beacon, therefore some pre-flight planning is necessary.

Here is a video tutorial on how to navigate with NDBs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOz2Ue6U680
Hey thanks grunf , all numbers , i will try it out with the L-39 first and then the Mig21.

The RSBN is easy to be honest than the VOR

Will check the video thanks.

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC
humptydumpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:31 AM   #22
-Martin-

Dear George,

I have noticed that your bug list does not include the bug that I am experiencing very often; once the pilot dies I can still control the plane. I've already talked about this in another thread, nevertheless I have not received any feedback on it. I was wondering if there was anyone else who was experiencing it. Maybe you recognise it as a `disappearing sound' bug, as the in-cockpit sound really disappears when this happens. But it is not the fact that sound disappears which is the problem. As at that point the pilot is already dead, we should not have the in-cockpit view and be in control of the plane at all.

VPC T-50CM2+Varbrd Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5
-Martin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #23
GeorgeLKMT

Martin, I don't recognize this bug and I can't find any report of it either. This is mainly a list of reported items that got lost in time and haven't been adressed yet, so if you think you found a bug, please start another thread with the bug report and perhaps even steps to reproduce it, if possible. Or link already existing report so I can add it to the list.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #24
Bourrinopathe

Exclamation cockpit 3D models errors

As I'm not sure it's already been reported, I'll add two cockpit models "imperfections":

L-39C without the gunsight (floating screw head):

L-39ZA (floating screw head)

(it looks like it could be attached somewhere on the left console but I didn't notice a missing screw)

Those are just details but I hope that post will help for a future update.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #25
cicimicikiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLKMT View Post
Martin, I don't recognize this bug and I can't find any report of it either. This is mainly a list of reported items that got lost in time and haven't been adressed yet, so if you think you found a bug, please start another thread with the bug report and perhaps even steps to reproduce it, if possible. Or link already existing report so I can add it to the list.
I can confirm bug -Martin- mentions, he has also alredy reported it in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180666

Please add it to the list, this one is really critical.
cicimicikiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #26
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

I've seen guys flying online in damaged planes that do not show up on the F10 map view. I assume they are zombies. Perhaps it is a DCS damage model and not just the L-39?

If I remember right, Martin can easily reproduce the issue... that is a bug.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #27
Pocket Sized

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Smil View Post
I've seen guys flying online in damaged planes that do not show up on the F10 map view. I assume they are zombies. Perhaps it is a DCS damage model and not just the L-39?

If I remember right, Martin can easily reproduce the issue... that is a bug.
That's a core DCS issue. When your airplane reaches a certain damage threshold (ie losing a wing) the game considers you to be dead/nonexistent. It prevents AI from engaging you after you've been fatally damaged.

Problem is, this "dead" trait carries over to the map and comm menu. In the L-39 I believe it is triggered by losing as little as one wing tip, which should probably be changed.

Re: Discussion of engine damage modeling.

The engine should not explode or fail if you run it at 106% for too long. IRL you can run it at takeoff thrust for an hour without any apparent issues, but the engine will need servicing or replacement much earlier in its life.

The EGT should not increase over time, it will stabilize shortly after RPM does. However, there is one glaring inaccuracy that I've seen in ALL dcs engine modeling: Hot starts!

IRL, if you feed too much fuel into the engine during startup it WILL overheat and it WILL severely damage the hot section. In the L-39, throttling up while the engine is starting will result in a very high EGT and associated warning but no engine damage.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Last edited by Pocket Sized; 02-14-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Pocket Sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #28
-Martin-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicimicikiller View Post
I can confirm bug -Martin- mentions, he has also alredy reported it in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180666

Please add it to the list, this one is really critical.
Thank you for confirming this bug and supporting my comment. I find the explanation below by Pocket Sized plausible, perhaps there is something about the L-39 that makes the issue more prominent in this plane. If this is really the mechanism then I would like to note that, based on my experience, such a `dead' trait must also carry to in-cockpit sounds and at least to some of the plane's electric systems. Furthermore, I did some testing where I lost both wings completely but the bug was not triggered, at least not immediately. Obviously, I could not fly for long . Once again thank you all for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Sized View Post
That's a core DCS issue. When your airplane reaches a certain damage threshold (ie losing a wing) the game considers you to be dead/nonexistent. It prevents AI from engaging you after you've been fatally damaged.

Problem is, this "dead" trait carries over to the map and comm menu. In the L-39 I believe it is triggered by losing as little as one wing tip, which should probably be changed.

VPC T-50CM2+Varbrd Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR 5
-Martin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:39 PM   #29
wolfast

I haven't seen it listed, but when I play a replay with "gun-site for replay only"or "both" I only get a blank screen during the replay. It only works during the actual flight.
-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals
wolfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:03 AM   #30
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

Regarding the rear canopy falling off after using auto stop/auto start routines. I think this was an undocumented fix in 2.0.5.3140 or earlier as it no longer happens in this latest version. I note that 1.5.6.1930 still has this bug. Note that the macro_sequences.lua files are interchangeable and placing it into the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Cockpit folder will cure the bug in the 1.5 build.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote