Damage Model Update - 10/12 - Page 55 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 09:23 PM   #541
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
does the work on the new damage model also incorporate damage modeling for the AI aircraft?
Right now it is limited to the AI counterparts of the flyable modules, but us planned for the B-17 and other future AI only, not sure that they will be available at first release of the DM, but all other AI, such as 190, 109, Spitfire, Mustang should have the DM.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #542
twistking

ok. thanks.

that's good news for the sp and coop-crowd.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #543
davidtsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Right now it is limited to the AI counterparts of the flyable modules, but us planned for the B-17 and other future AI only, not sure that they will be available at first release of the DM, but all other AI, such as 190, 109, Spitfire, Mustang should have the DM.
Umm, the B-17 (which I had to pay for extra of course) goes down after a short burst from Mustang's .50 cal. It almost looks like some of the fighters can take more damage than what was supposedly one of the most damage-resistant bombers of the war. So yeah, no rush. I fired up DCS after a while to see if things have improved but I guess I'll just keep enjoying the damage model in CloD Blitz.
davidtsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:34 PM   #544
Al-Azraq

So we have news on the DM in this week's newsletter! Although I would have prefered to have some weapon damage images, it is looking great so far and it seems that it is not too far.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=217
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #545
unlikely_spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Azraq View Post
So we have news on the DM in this week's newsletter! Although I would have prefered to have some weapon damage images, it is looking great so far and it seems that it is not too far.

Will this apply to all existing planes I wonder?
unlikely_spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:56 PM   #546
Al-Azraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlikely_spider View Post
Will this apply to all existing planes I wonder?
First to the warbirds, but it was stated that they will move it to the rest.
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #547
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Azraq View Post

AFAIK optical damage won't see much change initially from what we have now. It's all about the internal damage simulation.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:30 PM   #548
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
AFAIK optical damage won't see much change initially from what we have now. It's all about the internal damage simulation.
Correct, the biggest changes will be the internal damages to the plane's systems, how the damage decals are applied (as in better application to light, medium, heavy, etc) and of course better effects.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 09-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #549
twistking

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Correct, the biggest changes will be the internal damages to the plane's systems, how the damage decals are applied (as in better application to light, medium, heavy, etc) and of course better effects.
I don't get it. So there will be changes to optical damage as in "how the damage decals are applied" and "better effects"?!
Old 09-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #550
NineLine
Community Manager

Have you ever shot up a WWII bird and looked at it and no damage is showing, or maybe very little. We are better improving the location of the damage shown, and how well it relates to the actual damage.

For effects, we are looking at better positioning of effects, different sizes for minor or major leaks, better flames, better hit effects, explosion effects for fuel tanks and such. I am also pushing for all to have damaged glass, oil and water on glass, and better pilot damage (ie not dead or alive).
**How to Report a Bug**