DCS: Me 262 Discussion (Development on hold currently)

NineLine

Oh yes, it is still coming.

I'm still looking forward to that! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Gents, there should definitely come some release/pre-release deadline for this airplane.

DCS should give us indication, it is on the road map for couple of years. I know the history of this development, but actually spent money years ago and still nothing.

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

Flying over CAU, NEV, NORM, SYR, CHNL, PER, ATL

Gents, there should definitely come some release/pre-release deadline for this airplane.

DCS should give us indication, it is on the road map for couple of years. I know the history of this development, but actually spent money years ago and still nothing.

I agree that the communication for DCS ww2 is disapointing.

Hope ED will improve it (not only for 262).

• ED Team

I am not sure that money went to ED as it was through another company to the Kickstarter, that said, it is coming, but its been mostly research and development right now, ordering of documents can be time-consuming, much of it will come from places like NASM in the US, and if you have ever ordered anything from there, it can be slow. Our FMs are much more dynamic, they require a lot more information than what you might see elsewhere, so they do tend to be more time-consuming. As someone pointed out in the P-47 thread, it can be easier to build a real one than create a simulation from scratch at the level we are dealing with here.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Our FMs are much more dynamic, they require a lot more information than what you might see elsewhere, so they do tend to be more time-consuming.

Hi Nineline,

I can't remember if I read this, or made it up from my own imagination, but were there plans to build a basic-FM set of WW2 aircraft?

I've recently been flying some modded aircraft (A4 and the MB-339c) and I've been suprrised at how much fun these aircraft can be, despite the basic flight models they have.

Thanks to my experience with these mods, a pack of WW2 aircraft with similarly "simply" flight models would be something I would now probably buy, whereas previously I would not have been so interested.

Or maybe, as an alternative, ED could release WW2 modules first as a simple FM aircraft (let's say, with slighly-worse-than-real-life performance envelopes), with the upgrade to a full FM coming later on; provided the "simple" module had the sales to justify ongoing work.

As long as customers were fully informed of this, I think it would be generally acceptable.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Dont know if it was asked / answerd somewhere, but did ED think about asking the pilots from the Messerschmitt Foundation for FM tests, when the development is far enough? I know its different engines on that one, but the general characteristics of the flightmodel might be good enough for comparison?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Hi Nineline,

I can't remember if I read this, or made it up from my own imagination, but were there plans to build a basic-FM set of WW2 aircraft?

As long as customers were fully informed of this, I think it would be generally acceptable.

FC3 but WW2 style?

No, please, no...

Already plenty of games have this approach.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I read somewhere here from ED about releasing the Mossie with a simple systems model for early access and release it properly when systems are coded

Found here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218804

I think that the terms "high fidelity" or "low fidelity" are not valid for the new announced grade of modeling. It's better to consider it as a earlier stage of the early access, because the airframe, prop and engine modeling are at the same level as for the full grade models. Having system modeling at the level of generic allows to reduce development time adding a new plane to the set. If the plane is interesting for users, full grade systems will appear for sure.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• ED Team
I remember reading about an FC3 pack of World War 2 aircraft, but the FC3 aircraft have full flight models and its safe to assume the World War 2 aircraft pack would as well. I wouldn't buy it if they didn't honestly. The big things that separate DCS from its competitors are the fully fleshed out flight models and/or clickable cockpits. Without at least one of those features, it's no buy for me and others I'm sure.

It would break multiplayer to have SFM only planes and that was already an issue that had to be addressed.

It's being tossed around I think, similar to MAC, I doubt they would be SFM, once you're going PFM you never go back. Nothing firm on this right now at all. Right now the focus is on the P-47, 262 and Mosquito.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It's being tossed around I think, similar to MAC, I doubt they would be SFM, once you're going PFM you never go back. Nothing firm on this right now at all. Right now the focus is on the P-47, 262 and Mosquito.

Good one, thank you

:pilotfly:

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

I am not sure that money went to ED as it was through another company to the Kickstarter, that said, it is coming, but its been mostly research and development right now, ordering of documents can be time-consuming, much of it will come from places like NASM in the US, and if you have ever ordered anything from there, it can be slow. Our FMs are much more dynamic, they require a lot more information than what you might see elsewhere, so they do tend to be more time-consuming. As someone pointed out in the P-47 thread, it can be easier to build a real one than create a simulation from scratch at the level we are dealing with here.

Don't forget to get Eric Brown's report from the UK archives, AFAIK it's the only Allied test report of an Me262 maintained by actual 262 German crews.

Thanks! Really looking forward to it, especially the Me 262.

Although I do really hope that they will have PFM / ASM because that's what sets DCS apart from everything else on the market. I can live with some systems being unavailable in EA, but I do hope PFM / ASM is the goal.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Thanks! Really looking forward to it, especially the Me 262.

Although I do really hope that they will have PFM / ASM because that's what sets DCS apart from everything else on the market. I can live with some systems being unavailable in EA, but I do hope PFM / ASM is the goal.

They never said otherwise regarding Me262. Hope there's no change in their minds.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

fingers crossed. words could not describe, how dissapointed i would be, if the 262 would come without pfm/asm.
PFM is out of discussion, ED will not go back to any less detailed than a PFM now. With regards to ASM, as I said never, ever, anybody said it would be otherwise but we know the question they made about Mosquito being like that due to complexity. Anyway, bearing in mind 262 is an aircraft from RRG kickstarter (unlike the Mosquito) I guess it has to be full hardcore to fulfil that, so making assumptions now in any other direction is just a mere lucubration.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

PFM is out of discussion, ED will not go back to any less detailed than a PFM now. With regards to ASM, as I said never, ever, anybody said it would be otherwise but we know the question they made about Mosquito being like that due to complexity. Anyway, bearing in mind 262 is an aircraft from RRG kickstarter (unlike the Mosquito) I guess it has to be full hardcore to fulfil that, so making assumptions now in any other direction is just a mere lucubration.

S!

ok. this makes sense. thanks for the clarification!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello gents, any news around? some new pictures?

• 2 weeks later...