Wheel Brakes arent strong enough?

Delareon

Does it produce different thrust?! Obviously it’s a significant enough difference that they had to produce a whole new manual. How do you possibly know it’s in the ballpark?

look I’m saying: “the manuals your using are wrong”

People on this thread: “it doesn’t matter”

Me: “then how do you know it’s wrong”

People on this thread: “the manual says so”

Then we get into flight idle vs ground idle, you people keep dismissing variables that will absolutely affect the results of your tests.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Does it produce different thrust?! Obviously it’s a significant enough difference that they had to produce a whole new manual. How do you possibly know it’s in the ballpark?

look I’m saying: “the manuals your using are wrong”

People on this thread: “it doesn’t matter”

Me: “then how do you know it’s wrong”

People on this thread: “the manual says so”

Then we get into flight idle vs ground idle, you people keep dismissing variables that will absolutely affect the results of your tests.

Does it produce different thrust?

When your flying on speed AOA for landing.

No.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

If the F18 is like a Cessna there should be a section in the manual describing minimum landing rolls for all expected conditions.

What is this thread even, I am new here. In IL-2 everyone loves charts.

The performance charts are not provided in the DCS Hornet manual, the only ones available are the real ones, and you are absolutely strictly FORBIDDEN by forum rules to post those pages from the manual, due to forum rules, BUT you do need to provide evidence, even though you are not allowed to post it. Company will not share their data.

If you do insist to dig up manuals and post some data, then someone, who probably can't even read that chart will come along and tell you that your data is irrelevant because that manual is for a very slightly different aircraft version. Welcome! :lol:

So much nonsense, sigh. Looks like you don't know much about airplane design and certification.

A 'whole new manual' has absolutely nothing to do with a 'significant performance difference'.

If you are using different engines, if they have a very similar, or even identical performance, you need to re-fly and re-test and publish all performance data valid for this airframe/engine combination.

Btw. you don't need a 'whole new manual'. In case of e.g. the F-16 there are simply separate performance sections for the GE and the PW engines, and guess what, the difference in landing distance difference is (of course) negligible.

You definitely don't need scientific proof to find out that there's a quite a difference between rolling and sliding friction and that idle thrust of the small F/A-18 engines doesn't have a significant impact on landing distance.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Brakes on the DCS F/A-18 are definitely wrong. You need approx 50% more landing roll than the real F/A-18.

The problem seems to be the wrong antiskid simulation since the DCS F/A-18 needs the same distance with antiskid and without antiskid and locked wheels.

This problem has been reported quite a few times already but for some weird reason ED doesn't consider this a bug and moves such threads into the whish list ?!?!?

There's no 'fake' idle. In flight the engines are at flight idle and you are not supposed to land with idle thrust. If you reduce thrust to idle immediately after touchdown the engine will be in ground idle.

@Harlikwin, if you push the stick forward you will unload the mainwheels and decrease the brakes effectiveness even further.

Agree completely with you. :thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

touchdown at -1200fpm! VV far above the E bracket! W above 10 degrees nose high! are you trying to prove the brakes are made of cheese by showing how far away from a nominal landing configuration someone has to be flying just to bring it to a stop?

It‘s only a demonstration how to land at Sir Abu Nu'ayr-Island