DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

IIRC it was intended as an aid for those using Triple screens, depending on your aspect ratio, it will zoom in or out - I hate it too.

Nate

Always bugged me too... Minor but still an irritant every time u hop into cockpit. Wish there was an option to turn it off.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Any idea when next beta update comes out?

Later than now!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There's a switch for it on the electrical control panel on the left side.

WHEN?

Pitot is not used on the ground (A10C Manual). Once airborne, flick it. I could be wrong though..

EDIT: SNIPED!

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Is there a way to stop the cockpit zoom out on game start. I think they introduce this very annoying and useless feature in A-10c.

Yeah but why put it in in the first place.

If you map a TIR4/5 Z axis (zoom) to this command Zoom View, it will zoom out at first and then come to the default zoom on its own, without the need to zoom in using num*. I've just discovered this last week, and it works in A10 and shark as well.

>

Could you produce a short video of the merlin? we'd like to understand how it works, specially those with no previous mechanical experience, like me..

Merged

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Removing middle gun

Hello,

the manual states for 'longer fire time missions, the middle barrel could be replaced with 500 bullets'. Is it possible in Beta 2, and if not, would it be modelled?

You mean if gun barrel life is modelled?

Manual P. 49/183:

The maximum ammunition capacity is 400 rounds for each of the inboard guns and 270 rounds for the center and outboard guns for a total ammunition load of 1880 rounds. If the mission needs require longer firing time, it’s possible to remove the center gun in each wing. This allows each outboard gun to be loaded with 500 rounds.
I don't know if it is modelled or not.

Total gun ammo (100%) - Center x 2 = 1880- (270 x 2 = 540 ) (29%) = 1340 rds. (71%)

+

(11%) 100 rds x 2 = 200

1340+200 = 1540 rds (82%)

But the manual contradicts itself with the outboard gun being maxed @ 400 rds, and the loading of extra 100 rds.

So, if I set the gun ammo to 82% in editor, would it remove the middle gun on each wing?

BUMP???

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

OK, could somebd read my question above? I also got another question:

Fighting with high blower mode. Is it possible? would it yield more power at 10K+ altitudes? I know the limitation of 2000 RPM means I have to be slower than opponent, but in a vertical fight, is it even warranted? Moderators should sticky this thread. (that was a suggestion, not an order by hate btw).

EDIT: It is sticky dammit!! I should not bookmark stickies... :D

Oh and we need somebody with good connection to throw in some dogfighting types videos/tracks with peers. Please?

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

Hi.. I'm just registered, I just bought the P-51D Mustang and have it installed on my system. I want to ask a question, where should I enter the Serial Number which I got when purchasing? Every time I try to fly mission the game always return to main menu, what's wrong with my P-51D? Any help will be great.. Thanks in advance.

Hi.. I'm just registered, I just bought the P-51D Mustang and have it installed on my system. I want to ask a question, where should I enter the Serial Number which I got when purchasing? Every time I try to fly mission the game always return to main menu, what's wrong with my P-51D? Any help will be great.. Thanks in advance.

To enter the serial number, you need to play any mission file. As you do so, your game will sort of 'crash' to desktop, but will be still running, and the starforce AAA protection system will prompt you for the serial number. Make sure you are online before you enter it, then proceed. I suggest reading the quickstart manual located in the game/Docs folder.

The above also applies to any module of the DCS franchise. Happy simming. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

ok..wil they make a whole new game for the p51d ( like it deserves ) or wil they just put the P51d intoo the A10c game ? so the p51 wil be like in the videos, fighting russians BMP like the a10c..or wil they make a new game with ww2 cars trucks and enemy planes

ok..wil they make a whole new game for the p51d ( like it deserves ) or wil they just put the P51d intoo the A10c game ? so the p51 wil be like in the videos, fighting russians BMP like the a10c..or wil they make a new game with ww2 cars trucks and enemy planes

I do believe there will be a seperate Conflict senerio for the P-51D ..there has been word of a 109 and some bombers being made..I certainly hope so...not against flying the jets especially the A-10...:thumbup:

:pilotfly:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

ok..wil they make a whole new game for the p51d ( like it deserves ) or wil they just put the P51d intoo the A10c game ?

It is not 'put into' the A10C game - it is an add-on module to DCS:World, independant and seperate from the A-10C module.

.....so the p51 wil be like in the videos, fighting russians BMP like the a10c..or wil they make a new game with ww2 cars trucks and enemy planes

Have you read the F.A.Q.?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84678

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'