DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Thanks but i found something like Comms main menue.

I will wait as it seems that ATC is not responding when asking fot taxiing and engine start up.

You have to use the same frequency as the ATC you're trying to catch. Unfortunately, there are just four buttons in the Mustang and no way (that I'd be aware of) to identify the corresponding frequencies, so you'd have to edit the frequencies within the mission editor (property page of your aircraft).

Thanks Luigi,

it sounds a little bit hard for me editing the frequencies. Never done this before.

I know the four buttons, there is also a switch wich i have to flip on that box to transmit and to recieve if i am right.

Lets take a look and lets see. May ther will be a training mission in the future showing people like me how to use it.

Sure i read the manual and its very interesting.

Ciao

LC

About the navigation challenge

Kicked it all the way to 7. 100% so far. Any ways, I'm sure the compass (with the desired heading) is the grand-daddy of the Soviet Su-25 Grach. However, while flying the mission now, I was mostly guided by the gates at 25 k and JESUS!!! 30 k?? I stalled while attempting to limp and touch the gate.

So, here is a screenschott (lol @ schott!) of the beautiful icy, scheine plains of the Caucasus from 30K..

Could someone produce a micro-tutorial for that thing? I already know that the desired heading is set, and the true (thin) compass is always pointing north. What is the bank limit to avoid errors?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It changes the default options to use the flight model rudder and takeoff assists.

Nate

So if I uncheck auto rudder and put takeoff assist on 0% all will be ok?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

If you define ok as a burning pile of ex-P-51 at the side of the runway, then yes.

Nate

Ok as in no assists. I was curious as I've been taking off and landing fine without auto rudder and takeoff assist - it's not as hard as it's hyped up to be...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not hard once you know you're not suposed to push on the stick in order to lift the tail which is what I was doing, learned it the hard way :music_whistling:

No longer active in DCS...

After take-off, as soon as you've cleaned the aircraft up.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

There's a switch for it on the electrical control panel on the left side.

I know I was just wondering when I actually turned the switch on

After take-off, as soon as you've cleaned the aircraft up.

Right before / When you take active

Cheers :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a way to stop the cockpit zoom out on game start. I think they introduce this very annoying and useless feature in A-10c.

Press the Numpad* key.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That's what I've been doing, but prefer not to have that extra button to push.

Jona33,

I think they did that for people who cold start - get all the switches without having to pan around. I wish they'd dump it.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

That's what I've been doing, but prefer not to have that extra button to push.

Jona33,

I think they did that for people who cold start - get all the switches without having to pan around. I wish they'd dump it.

I agree. Very annoying future.