P51D Videos

JimMack

Short movie showing damage model and ejection sequence. At first I tried to use ZSU-23-4 but there seems to be a bug in their targeting logic. I could fly around it for minutes without getting hit (until it run out of ammo). Next step was setting up two ZSU-23-4 and ZU-23 but still no joy. I've ended up adding Tunguska worked like a charm:)

-PtYrNH_czs

Small problem during test flight

Have done a couple of longish test flights to get to know cruise and fuel management...

& it's not going so well.

This was the end of the first flt and the result of dropping tanks at 30 something thousand in the middle of no where. Somewhere just north of the Mountains a longway SW of Mineralnye Vody and a longway SSE of Maykop is it?

Anyways, it seems i need to read the book again as when i drop the drop tanks, i also drop the contents of the wing tanks!

This left me with only 10USG in the fus tank - I looked about for a airfield, but kind of new there weren't any in my part of the world, I know this map pretty well.

Being an immersion junky I decided not to F10, and see what mood the gods were in.

Knew there were several airfields on the coast so pointed her to cross the mountains making them as narrow as pos. 240ish.

Throttled back & tried to turn off the hi blower, no joy, so descended instead (!!). Fiddled with the radio trying to get a heading, no joy. Levelled at 16 in the middle of the mountains when the inevitable happened.

With nothing insight but mountains I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to break yet another 51.

I cleaned it up as best I could and descended at just under 200mph, after a minute or two I spotted an airfield off the nose but it looked too far by far, as the scenery was getting closer.

I stayed above a valley to start with as I was sure I didn't have the legs, wondered if I might find a long straight road... Anyways the vid takes it from here.

The gods were in a very good mood! It looks setup but this was just amazing luck - about 10mins of glide! I couldn't believe my luck. Although some very dodgy decision making made it more marginal than it needed to be.

Sorry this is so long, hope it aint too boring, was gonna post the trk but it's 10MB and only of any interest at all for the last 10mins.

• Like 1

Anyways, it seems i need to read the book again as when i drop the drop tanks, i also drop the contents of the wing tanks!

Drop Tank Anomaly

• Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Have done a couple of longish test flights to get to know cruise and fuel management...

& it's not going so well.

You are a lucky man! ;)

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

Amasing Daze :)

thank you :)

Nice - if you were flying this in real mode, I think you should change your signature to "Hot Rod"!

Yep, set up for max realism. I really enjoy flying this bird, a lot more than the A-10!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

My tribute to Lee Lauderback, Stallion 51 and the legendary TF-51D Mustang Crazy Horse 2.

Lee's full demo flown over Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Nevada (OLD BETA 2 MAP).

Edited by Blaze

My tribute to Lee Lauderback, Stallion 51 and the legendary TF-51D Mustang Crazy Horse 2.

Lee's full demo flown over Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Nevada (beta 2 map).

Nice one :)

So is this the new map and you are tester ?

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice one :)

So is this the new map and you are tester ?

Read the description, beta 2. OLD MAP.

Edited by Blaze

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been shown before but I just saw this online, apparently A2A also made a model for this, wanted to know if DCS or A2A is better, or similar to the point there is no difference (Aside from playing on DCS world and such). Just to be clear, Im not making this out as a competition, I am just curious as to the level of detail. ABove everything else though, this video can be used as a very very very very very nice instructional tool for the DCS product. It was VERY well made... If tutorials for DCS were made like this instead of the hands on training (Which Iv heard has received quite a bit of negative amount of comments) I think the sim would benefit greatly. I still miss Wags's voice in the tutorials haahhaha.

cUOmJzxoaCA&feature=related

Edited by ralfidude

Just to be clear, Im not making this out as a competition, I am just curious as to the level of detail.

Here you go, an entire thread (mostly) on that subject.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77823

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not sure if this has been shown before but I just saw this online, apparently A2A also made a model for this, wanted to know if DCS or A2A is better, or similar to the point there is no difference (Aside from playing on DCS world and such). Just to be clear, Im not making this out as a competition, I am just curious as to the level of detail. ABove everything else though, this video can be used as a very very very very very nice instructional tool for the DCS product. It was VERY well made... If tutorials for DCS were made like this instead of the hands on training (Which Iv heard has received quite a bit of negative amount of comments) I think the sim would benefit greatly. I still miss Wags's voice in the tutorials haahhaha.

[

I fly both and they are both amazing...

The cockpits are identical, differences are differences between two individual aircrafts.

The A2A flight model feels more 'raw' so to speak, maybe that is just a question of sound actually...But they behave essentially the same way. I mean, technically I'm sure you could make a list of detailed differences but they both did an amazing job of doing the same thing !

Like the startup is a bit different, the starter is not spring loaded in A2A's, so don't forget to turn it off because you will burn it. On A2A's, You have to switch ignition to both after 5 blades have passed, then mixture to rich...that's why the starter is not spring loaded...

Takeoff, flight and general aerodynamic behavior is very similar, with the caveat that A2A's 'feels' more raw, maybe it's the 'accufeel' thing they developped, but I think the fact that the sounds seem more numerous and varied in A2A's P-51 has something to do with it.

Little story to illustrate my point:

As a teenager, I was quite the geek, and once with a friend we went skiing with earphones on and listened to a blast of white noise as we 'flew' downhill, it was his idea, and I can't remember why we did that exactly, but that cuts your hearing off totally, unlike just plugging them.

A big surprise for me was that you simply cannot tell what kind of surface your skis are on, i.e: ice, soft, no snow, pellets, and so on...and that is critical to your skiing (and the well being of you legs).

The thing is I thought that my feet were doing the feeling of the skis! Not my ears !

Well folks, the ears do it, and that was a big surprise. It is very dangerous to ski without your hearing. You can't tell what your skis are on:cry:

I think, like skiing, a lot of the intensity of feeling like flying is actually due to the sounds. The intensity of the sounds, but perhaps more importantly, the variety and the variations of the sounds.

To a surprising degree.

So they are both amazing simulations, and you can actually pickup experience on one and use it on the other. Practice on one is good for both sims ! Now that is a first for me. And proof that we are converging on reality.

Lou

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.