Slew not working!

gdotts

TPOD, DMT? It works, no any issue here. Check your mode, if you use TPOD unblock it > STB (off), TDC (on). Read manual of module or Chuck's manual. Did you read it?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If you’ve set it to an axis then it’s been an issue forever. Mine works sometimes, but then stops working as I’m sleeping, or resets back to center. I have to have it on a hat button as well as am the axis for when it flakes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90% of the time it is either an issue with not understanding the switchology (Uncage weapon seeker), TPOD not selected or wrong mode, or the axis have a curvature set. Curvature causes issues.

The only "problem" is the DMT trying to lock every map object you slew over.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

90% of the time it is either an issue with not understanding the switchology (Uncage weapon seeker), TPOD not selected or wrong mode, or the axis have a curvature set. Curvature causes issues.

:puke:

Nope. I’m pretty sure I understand how to push a mini stick. With or without a curve, dead zone, or limiting saturation, it randomly stops moving even without me removing my finger from the mini stick. Usually when I push the stick to the stop. I understand there are people here who don’t know how to use a computer or program a joystick or press a button- I am not one of them I assure you. I own many modules and this is the only one where an axis on the TDC doesn’t work properly, no matter how I’ve programmed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Op is correct - he is referring to the TPOD which does indeed have a fault with the TDC slew analogue axis - Anyone that say's its fine, works perfectly or there is no issue has no comprehension of the Harrier module, only fly's it to a superficial level and is not aware of the history of this bug.

Even recently Razbam inaccurately suggested that this could be due to hardware of the user, aka it cannot render the image in the time required so sticks. I can confirm that with a 64Gb Ram, 2080ti and a 5ghz this is not the issue.

Last month or so razbam then said they had found another issue with the code for this and resolved it, i can confirm once again this is not the case. The problem is still there, with or without curves, going standard install the problems remain.

Fed up of reporting it as a bug, Razbam clearly are struggling with this one, its been 2 years and we can't even get the slew axis right. I just wish they could ask ED to copy and paste their code, or even the Deka if they are not capable of writing it, as its gone on long enough.

To note this is the only module that has the issue, aka its Razbam's mistake.

As for keybinds not working, just like the new MFD controls, keybinds in settings but not coded to work, farcical.

And people get on the F15 hype train - i have no idea why given their inability to bottom out the basics with their existing modules.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Also if you did a search this has been raised so many different times on the forums, however here is one of the original posts, 2nd December 2017!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196933

Zeus replied on the 20th December 2017, "Folks, TDC axis is a bit complex to code thanks to the many sensors the aircraft has. So please be patient."

And 32 months later.......problem is still here. I honestly have come to the conclusion its a skill set shortage, it can't be anything else otherwise it would have been completed by now surely. I'm hoping they can hire someone that can complete this and other keybinds or equally get a sub contractor who has more experience than the current Razbam team.

As i said anyone getting excited about the F15E, and there are many, need to have a reality check on capability/timing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Don't waste your time in discussion.

Its not working and Razbam is aware of it. If they will ever fix it - only they will know.

Because of the absolute low level quality of all Razbam products I've decided to not care anymore about it. The whole forum is not able to change anything in their philosophy - so I just won't give them any money in the future. Thats all I can do.

Also don't waste your time on discussing such things with shagrat, he's an absolute white knight, especially for Razbam. Not worth the time typing.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

...I honestly have come to the conclusion its a skill set shortage, it can't be anything else otherwise it would have been completed by now surely. I'm hoping they can hire someone that can complete this and other keybinds or equally get a sub contractor who has more experience than the current Razbam team...

This is becoming my impression as well. The Mig-19's ADF dial bug is much the same thing. And the developer silence on the forum regarding these issues speaks volumes.

The pace of modelling vs coding at Razbam seems like it should be an unsustainable business model, at least as far as DCS is concerned. This is when the early access system really doesn't work. I'm done patronizing them, but yes, so many people are excited to have an unfinished F-15E, I guess it keeps going like this.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2