Audio headset

I need a new headset, preferably a wireless one.

I currently have a wired "on ear" Sennheiser, can't tell the type but it shows wear so i wanted something new. Looked around, wanted to give max 150€ for a new one.

Since it's difficult to try out a few (Corona and not directly in stock) i bought an "over ear" Logitech G635 wired, mostly because the reviews i did read said the sound was really good.

Now, the sound on this is really good for the money but that's a bit the only positive point (although almost all reviews have a lot more + points).

Pos:

- the overall sound quality (for this amount of money).

Neg:

- it's heavy, certainly if i compare it to the light Sennheiser i used to use.

- the wire is kinda stiff and when it rubs against the earpads or when you touch it, i hear the rubbing sound in the earpads.

- it has buttons and a volume wheel on the back of the left earpad, everytime you grab to put it on you can accidently either push a button and change the volume.

- it presses on my head/face quite a bit, the Sennheiser i could put on and done, with the Logitech i need to adjust it each time until it feels right and then some. This is not such an issue when i put it over the Rift S but i use it more when not in VR.

- over ear feels kinda warm compared to on ear.

So i'm willing to sell this and get something else (shop doesn't take it back since it's Corona time and it's a wearable product) but since testing before buying is not really an option.

I'm looking for some input from users who used theirs a longer time then a couple of minutes/hours before reviewing it.

Just mention what kind of headset and the +/- points.

Thx.

PS: I'm looking at a Corsair HS70 Pro wireless right now...

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I got the HS70 and they are nice, they even fit my Rift S (just checked your sig).

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

The Corsair HS-70 is over the ear and all over the ear headphones get hot in the summer especially, though I guess the earcup material makes some difference there (i.e. fabric is better than PU leather). On the other hand, over the ear makes for a better sound isolation and thus offers a better or louder sound quality I guess than the smaller on-ear ones, though I'm not sure if I described the difference properly.

So, I guess the first thing to decide would be whether you're bothered by extra heat or not in the summer (which basically means whether you have AC or not :) ).

For example, I have this problem in the summer and the AKG K550 I used to use (the plastic headband actually fell apart from the humidity with time as parts were made with that silicon layer) were pretty much unusable in the summer without an AC. So, I got the fabric Steelseries Arctic 3 which gets less heat and were comfortable at first, but the sound quality is IMHO pretty bland for music (bass is too weak for sure and I'm not into bass-heavy music at all) and the headstrap has gotten loose pretty quickly and they didn't consider this possibility in the design so the velcro straps on it are too short to further tighten it when it gets loose. The recent revisions of the same model supposedly upped the bass and stuff, but not sure if the headstrap issue was addressed.

I actually bought a used set of Sennheiser Momentum 2 headset which has a noise cancellation option which I could really use, but I didn't get a chance to try them out yet. Maybe in 10 days I'll get a hold on them.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Using audio headset over VR HMD, there's a feature I now consider important : rubberized headband.

The one I use now has it (an unexpensive sennheiser HD 300), and I never have to adjust it even during dogfight, it sticks in place. Previous audio headset was always falling...

But I see that this thing is not necessarly in product's description.

• 2 weeks later...

Went for the Corsair HS70 Pro. Didn't want to spend more then 100€ in total.

Feels a lot better on my head then the Logitech G635, a lot less pressure.

Over the Rift S it just fits.

Pro's en con's compared to the Logitech:

Pro's

- Less pressure on my head, although the difference is weight is only just over 20gr, it feels a lot less (due to less pressure i guess).

- wireless

- better placed buttons on the ear pads.

Con's:

- soundquality is less then the Logitech, certainly in surround.

- microphone is a fixed one, although removable (Logitech has a stowaway).

- software is pretty useless.

The Logitech is up for sale...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!