Should Magic definetely be cued by radar ?

Snappy

Hi everyone,

have a question for the more knowledgeable folks on the Mirages system.

If I have a target locked up in STT mode (ahead of me and in range) , should the magic missiles (after selecting them) automatically be cued to the locked target (its within magic range) and only that target? Or do I have to perform another step?

Reason I am asking is, that I have had the situation now several times, where despite having a target steadily locked in STT, the magic seeker head, was not cued to the radar-locked target but instead annoyingly targeted other things in front of me (other friendly/enemy AC, even missiles exhausts) by their heat source and therefore I was completely unable to fire magics at the locked target,even though clearly in magic range.

(when fired the missile would go for the heat source target and ignore the radar-locked target)

Regards,

Snappy

should the magic missiles (after selecting them) automatically be cued to the locked target (its within magic range) and only that target?

not really sure, but I don't think it should

it is indeed annoying sometimes, but you have unlock magic and slave magic buttons for annoying situations

at some point you'd be thankful a radar locked contact isn't automatically locked on by magic as well - very often it's really handy having two target boxes in your HUD

like here @ 2:05

Or do I have to perform another step?

you mean magic slaving ? makes sense to me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IRL it is not possible to lock 2 different targets with Magic and radar.

Either radar is locked first and you can force the magic to look at its track, or the Magic is locked first and you force auto acquisition in its direction.

In any case, if you are not happy with the first lock, you have to unlock both and return to acquisition phase.

Either radar is locked first and you can force the magic to look at its track, or the Magic is locked first and you force auto acquisition in its direction.

In any case, if you are not happy with the first lock, you have to unlock both and return to acquisition phase.

I seriously doubt it.

Don't confuse standard practice and possibility.

Both radar and Magic have specific search patterns.

You have specific button to change search pattern or break lock for each one. Only the slave button is common.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

How would one force the radar to acquire the Maverick's target? Not aware of a way to do that.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

You have a "gathering" fonction on the stick.

No radar lock - > Magic search on alidade

Radar lock - > Magic search on RDR target

Magic lock - > radar auto-lock on Magic direction

Thank you! Tested and I got it to work. Magic Slave seems to work both ways. Wonderful.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD