I think the P-51 panel is to dark after last lightning change

-0303-

After

Open beta 2.5.6.50726

Flaming Cliffs by ED

Corrected lights in the cockpits of next aircraft: Yak-52, Su-25, Su-25T, MiG-29, A-10A, F-86F, L-39C, L-39ZA, A-10C, MiG-15bis, P-51D-25NA, P-51D-30NA, TF-51D, UH-1H, F-15C, F-5E

F-15C cockpit.

In any daylight situation one can see the texture of ... things, instrument panels in this case. Now one can only see texture when the sun is angled directly at the instrument panel.

Also, night situation, the cockpit lights illumination is now weak, too weak. I liked the warm yellowish light pre 2.5.6.50726 provided by cockpit lights (even in daylight). I recognize it might have been too light, but this is too far in the other direction.

I noted someone complained about the same in one of the german planes a week ago.

~~

Sun directly on. How you should be able top see the texture in every daylight situation. Even inside a cloud (obviously "greyer").

Below. Every other angle (sun in face or not make no difference, included sun just for artistic reasons).

ts6xA47.png

QnIwE9N.png

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Argument by analogy.

• If you stand in the middle of a room with windows daytime, you will be able to see the texture of the wallpaper.
  • Sitting in a cockpit, daytime, less than a meter from the instrumental panel, light coming in from a 180 degree arc from above (the canopy) ... Even inside cloud one should have no problem seeing the panel textures (*1).

Deliberately not a bug thread since these are random screenshots from yesterday and it lacks a specific comparison (to old patch).

Proper way to do it might be to spin around on the runway (to get all angles). Downgrade patch and then use same track to spin around again. Apart from assuring a "clean" client and supplying logfiles and track. Make a splitscreen youtube video.

I don't feel like taking that effort. Asking for opinions. Is it too dark? I'm running an absolute minimum settings. Could this be an artifact of that (even though I see a difference to old patch)?

~~

*1) I know this for a fact. Not a P-51 but in a Bergfalke-III. Disobeyed rules, just a little, crept up a little inside a cloud and encountered snow!. A really great day. No problem whatsoever seeing the panel texture.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 3 weeks later...

Took a shot of max lightning at night. Default placing, view angled down. Too dark IMO.

zMbZ2pb.png