This or P47

Smokey43

Hello All!!!

For those that have both the P51 and P47 which would you say is easier to begin with in regards to the Warbirds. I am bit undecided and would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks Much to all who take a moment to respond

Hmmmm, I'd say p-51 is easier to fly. I find it easy to trim out and fly waypoints, p-47 much finikier.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

For me (very subjective opinion):

• P-51 is easier and far more competitive in dogfights
  • P-47 is a little more tricky to fly (but honestly, NBD) and waaaaaaaaay more difficult to fight in. And, when it comes down to it, even in the hands of a good pilot, probably not as competitive as the P-51 under 20,000 feet where most of online dogifights take place . On the other hand, I'm find the P-47 far more fun, interesting, and fulfilling to fly, even if I get shot down all the time. It is also a lot more cooler (or is that meaner?) looking fighter!

Who buys this or that airplane because it's easier? Which one speaks to you, kid? Which one have you always imagined yourself flying? That's why I buy certain modules, and not others. I have no intention of buying the F-14, but I did buy the Harrier. It sure as Hell isn't because it's easier!

I would go for P-51 as first, simple because this module is complete. P-47 is must have anyway but at this early stage of EA plane functionality is very low.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Thanks all for responding, I was leaning towards the P51 due to it being around longer than the P47, have tons of hours with various planes in Xplane11, moved to DCS because of Missions. Enjoy the Huey very much and am now moving towards the Warbirds. Thanks again all!

I would go for P-51 as first, simple because this module is complete. P-47 is must have anyway but at this early stage of EA plane functionality is very low.

I have spent several days thinking in buying or not P-47, in this EA state what is lacking or what do we expect to be implemented?

I have spent several days thinking in buying or not P-47, in this EA state what is lacking or what do we expect to be implemented?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278098

Next update will be in the middle of next month, maybe worth waiting, patch could bring lots of functionality on line.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Found the P-47 much easier to land. But maybe some help was still turned on. Just had 10 minutes.

And takeoff. Don't no what it about the 51 but my brain just won't compute when taking off in it. The Jug and Dora are a doddle but the 51 computer says no.

• 5 months later...

I initially wanted P-47, because I like its radial engine and fire power. But since it was not released yet, I bought P-51 first. Now that I also have P-47, I've got some impressions.

P-47 looks way better as a module, it got really sharp and realistically looking textures, and cockpit operations also look so smooth and realistic. It is so enjoyable to look at and to fly. On the other hand, as much as I prefer P-47 as a module, P-51 is way better as an aircraft. P-51 is more difficult to fly, because its wing was designed for speed and not for lift, but once I have learned to use it and to be patient with it, it provides way better flying and combat experience. P-51 is generally faster, it climbs better, it has superb gun sight, and is more stable as a platform to aim and shoot from, got more fuel, easily recovers from a stall. On the other hand, P-47 has got better turn rate, but it also bleeds speed much quicker and can't recover it; it can't climb; its gun sight is awful; it is very difficult to recover from a stall.

So, I am still enjoying P-47 more as a module, but I prefer using P-51 in combat. If you are for pretty module, get P-47. If you are for combat, get P-51.

• Thanks 1