A 2020 Heads up

Zeus67

Hello folks. I hope you are enjoying the year's end festivities.

Just a quick heads up regarding the AV-8B NA:

1. Manual CAS Briefing will be enabled: This means that you will be able to enter CAS targets using the UFC/ODU.
  2. Targetpoints will be increased from 4 to 10: This means that the AV-8B NA will be able to hit 10 ground targets simultaneously with the JDAMs.
  3. EMER page will be enabled: This page displays procedure steps to be carried out during selected emergencies. Consider it an emergency pocket guide.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks for your work this year, RAZBAM. I know there's lots still to do.

I also look forward to your MiG-23 and F-15E efforts (I know you delivered an interesting one, certainly beautiful models, for FSX years ago, so hopefully this gives you a jumpstart basis), and have confidence you will continue to resolve remaining issues that frustrate players with your existing fleet.

Your recent updates of MiG-19P are evidence of this; your work on the Mirage is also extensive. Here's to hopes more can be done with the Harrier, which is a surprisingly complex aircraft to model in flight.

Here's to a great 2020! Hang in there!

ROG Maximus X, Intel i7-3770 3.5GHz , Nvidia 680Ti, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Ok that sounds good as far as some further features. Will hold for more info and clarity and these and existing issues within the Av-8 module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. Manual CAS Briefing will be enabled: This means that you will be able to enter CAS targets using the UFC/ODU.
  2. Targetpoints will be increased from 4 to 10: This means that the AV-8B NA will be able to hit 10 ground targets simultaneously with the JDAMs.
  3. EMER page will be enabled: This page displays procedure steps to be carried out during selected emergencies. Consider it an emergency pocket guide.

… up to 10 targets in a single pass. Oh yes! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Just incase you hadn't seen my post about rippling GBU38s dude:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4191724#post4191724

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

• 9 months later...

Will there be a way to set target coordinates directly from the TPOD? Or will we have to read the coordinates from the TPOD display and manually enter into the CAS page?

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2020 at 7:15 AM, Tuuvas said:

Will there be a way to set target coordinates directly from the TPOD? Or will we have to read the coordinates from the TPOD display and manually enter into the CAS page?

Would be nice to have a hand-off from TPOD to CAS page, but it is possible to be only one-way. Have not read NATOPS for that, but at least for now it is so. I haven't even checked what missing features there are in CAS etc.

But it is not really a difficult thing now.

Made a simple training mission even where pilot receives the support call from ground troops over radio, just giving the UTM code and you really mainly need to get then the altitude for slaving TPOD on target.

And it is nice to have a good reference table from your previous taskings instead just Mk#.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.