The Détecteur de Départ Missile (DDM)

Zeus67

Zeus, is there any information you can give us about the vertical angle below/behind the plane that this will cover? Anything about the range?

Nothing on the range. As for FOV, this image is very clear in showing how limited it is:

3-JW.jpg

It basically can only see down and to the sides with probably a limited rear aspect view.

As I said before, the location indicates that the designers never considered using the D2M for air-to-air engagements. It is designed to detect MANPADs, which of course will be below the aircraft.

However on the Rafale, they included it from the beginning as an air-to-air defense system:

img-0337.jpg

In that position on the top of the tail, it can provide 360º warning for missiles launch above and behind with limited capability below. There are probably other sensors in the aircraft belly to cover that area.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Disappointed for this reality deviation. I really hope you change your mind and at least make it removable via editor.

Regards

I'm sorry that you feel like that and I will try to make that possible.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Well, an option for having it OFF and ON would be great, we are fliying in the Caucasus with a Mirage, I dont mind having it if it can carry it.

Your module is great and this thing is not an "attack" to the realism, maybe an Exocet would be.

I am in 100% but just because of "those guys" an option would be great.

And if the worst case, if you don´t want it, dont use it.

Edited by il_corleone

I think the "pod" approach is best, this way we may even think of carrying the pylon+DDM without missile.

@ Zeus, nice news :) could you please ensure that loading rockets on the external point (with their own pylon, non D2M compatible), will disallow the D2M carrying pylon to be used? Would be nice, if not too tricky.

spacer.png

Okay. The modeller came through and made two Magic pylons, one with and one without the DDM sensor.

Now I need to make the option work.

I think the "pod" approach is best, this way we may even think of carrying the pylon+DDM without missile.

@ Zeus, nice news :) could you please ensure that loading rockets on the external point (with their own pylon, non D2M compatible), will disallow the D2M carrying pylon to be used? Would be nice, if not too tricky.

Sure!

Okay. The modeller came through and made two Magic pylons, one with and one without the DDM sensor.

Now I need to make the option work.

Good news ! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Well if you don't want it the switch has an on and.....wait for it.....OFF POSITION. So rather than making two different models and extensive code....just don't turn it on if you don't want it on.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

if you make it a pod, shall we lose the eclair ?

No. Different positions.

Zeus, I love the work you're putting into this but why are you adding things that the real M-2000C never had. Isn't the module supposed to simulate the C not the D model?

I can't wrap my head around it...

Because it is part of the features promised when we began the project.

If it had the capability of mounting it and even the switch in the cockpit I don't see how its considered unrealistic. We can do ground strikes all the time ingame, how would it not be plausible that in this role it would be equiped with such a system? Not like we are recreating any historically authentic scenarios with the C atm.

Anyway, props for the continued support for the 2000 and cool new functionalities, looking forward to using it.

Because it is part of the features promised when we began the project.

Why would you promise it in the first place if you know that it is unrealistic? Not trying to sound smart but I don't get it. I don't want a mixture of the M-2000C/D which never existed. I want the M-2000C with all it flaws and features :)