New batch of P-51 skins

VH-Rock

Hi Folks,

It's been a while since I posted any P-51 skins... For the last year or so, I've been working with the fantastic P-51 template that Rudel had been working on when the P-51 was released. My plan was to wait a while and give Rudel chance to release some skins with his own template before I did. Unfortunately, he's very busy working on stuff for Leatherneck Sims. After a brief chat a few days ago, he agreed to let me release the skins I've had in store for a while - I'm so glad to finally get these out the door! The skins, made with Rudel's template, feature a spec layer made by Snowsniper and new normal maps made by myself, with Rudel's corrected panel lines and rivets. I've tried a new technique with the metal on these that, I think, has worked out quite well. I would like to extend my genuine thanks to Rudel for trusting me with his template.

I hope you guys enjoy. Here's a couple for today, I'll be adding more over the coming days as I get chance to upload.

All the best,

Rock.

P-51D Mustang Moonbeam McSwine, owned and operated by Fred Akary.

Screen_150308_192458-1024x576.jpg

Screen_150308_192438-1024x576.jpg

Download

P-51D Mustang Jumpin Jacques, owned and operated by the Hangar 11 collection.

Screen_150311_212812-1024x576.jpg

Download

P-51D Mustang 'Detroit Miss'

Screen_150424_182957.jpg

Donwload

P-51D Mustang 'DooleyBird'

Screen_150425_173754-1024x576.jpg

Donwload

P-51D Mustang 'Angels Playmate'

Screen_150503_172143-1024x576.jpg

Donwload

P-51D Mustang 'Sharkmouth'

Screen_150504_160535-1024x576.jpg

Donwload

Edited by VH-Rock

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Nice!

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Awesome mate! Any Korea skins coming up, BTW?

Thank you guys, glad you like that.

msalama, no Korean skins planned at the minute, but maybe in the future... All the skins I'm releasing at the minute are ones that I have had completed for several months

Awesome! Thanks Rock these are great!

Will be adding these to my 51 livery collection. My DCS install is pretty huge now because I have so many 51 liveries installed :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Member of AEF | 161 SQN

3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Designer, Flight Simmer:joystick:

Check out my liveries :http://www.jrolfedesign.com/texture.html

PC Specs:i7 3770k @ 4.3Ghz, EVGA GTX1080ti Black Edition, 16GB Adata XPG 2133Mhz, 1x 128GB SSD [OS and work programs], 1x 240GB SSD [DCS World install], 1x 2TB HDD [Data and games], 1x 500GB HDD [Video recording], VKB Gladiator Joystick

These skins with better lighting effect are really bringing the mustang up to the standard of more recent modules they look beautiful. I recommend the Baby Duck skin for the mustang as well that's in the downloads section that too has been very nicely done. Thank you for your hard work guys. :).

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

VH-Rock,

Hope this doesn't come across as a complaint as I really like the Angels Playmate skin. Is it possible for you to add some gun smoke residue to the wings behind the gun ports. I'm flying that skin and every time I look at those wings, that flat, unblemished surface just jumps out at me. If not, I understand and still appreciate all you skinner's talent. I personally wouldn't have a clue how to do such work.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Fantastic skins! Thank you

VH-Rock,

Hope this doesn't come across as a complaint as I really like the Angels Playmate skin. Is it possible for you to add some gun smoke residue to the wings behind the gun ports. I'm flying that skin and every time I look at those wings, that flat, unblemished surface just jumps out at me. If not, I understand and still appreciate all you skinner's talent. I personally wouldn't have a clue how to do such work.

+1 ... I love this skin!

Chief, I think they're supposed to represent the *show* pony's ... as opposed to the battle weary war-horse. At least that's how they look to me, and I agree, it would be nice for a set with a bit of battle wear and tear :).

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Fantastic skins! Thank you

+1 ... I love this skin!

Chief, I think they're supposed to represent the *show* pony's ... as opposed to the battle weary war-horse. At least that's how they look to me, and I agree, it would be nice for a set with a bit of battle wear and tear :).

Hi guys, thanks for the compliments! Teapot is correct, all the aircraft I have skinned are warbirds currently flying somewhere in the world. I like to skin aircraft that I can go and see flying somewhere and you can also get far better references for the artwork. I'm afraid I wont be doing any battle hardened versions of these as I just don't get the same enjoyment from it and my skins collection is huge as it is

Thanks for the reply.

VH-Rock,

I understand fully.:thumbup: The artwork of yours is a pleasure to see moving about my monitor screen.:pilotfly: Thanks again for your contributions to our addiction.:music_whistling:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Awsome work as always Rock.

Any chance having the Sharkmouth and Dooley bird skins on the VA server?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.