How to bomb ground target ?

jfri

How should I do to hit something. More specific how should I aim ? In AA combat I know I place the centre dot on the plane. In AG this wont work.

How do I know where to place the cross i.e to aim ?

In that video he did place the center dot on the target. If I do that I miss at least with the P51. Also I think he got dangerously close to the ground

You will not find better advice.

Create mission, p-51 in flight near some ground targets. Then run this mission 200 times,after this you know how to hit a tank with bomb.

If you want some theory, just google it.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

In that video he did place the center dot on the target. If I do that I miss at least with the P51. Also I think he got dangerously close to the ground

Not quite. The bomb follows the ballistic curve, so it will always drop below the pipper (unless you dive perfectly perpendicular to the ground, of course, but nobody does that), thus you have to aim a bit higher. He aimed at the upper row of tanks at the moment of release, and the bomb hit between upper and lower row, as expected.

In the end, it's just a question of eyeballing the release point, there was nothing in the warbirds that would help pilots with that. Correct estimation comes with trial-and-error experience.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

This youtube channel has some good tutorials, even though some of them are for the other sim, the technique can be applied to DCS.

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey