Deferred Shading

Gunny Highway

Is there any mods to fix the gauge lighting and cockpit glass to have it work better with deferred shading? Been an issue since 2.0 and deferred shading came out.

Yes there is a mod....

Switching the damm deferred shading off!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202460

At least until ED and the other developers sort a solution for the unusable cockpits with DS on,

especially at dawn / dusk / night.:(

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

yea its better to have a crappy outside, more speed and a good cockpit

EXACTLY. :thumbup:

A real simmer spends most of the time in the cockpit,

and not admiring the nice clouds and terrain....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

EXACTLY. :thumbup:

A real simmer spends most of the time in the cockpit,

and not admiring the nice clouds and terrain....

You guys are missing the point. The module has been outpaced by DCS updates. I was just asking if anyone had user mods to fix it while we wait for the patch.

You guys are missing the point. The module has been outpaced by DCS updates. I was just asking if anyone had user mods to fix it while we wait for the patch.

and if so - would this possible mod be usable in multiplayer ?

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

No mods that I'm aware of to fix this issue, Gunny. It would require deep dig into material properties, at least for the pit textures and gauges. I guess "cleaning up" the canopy could be easier, but it seems the modders stopped bothering with this plane, sort of like the devs did.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No mods that I'm aware of to fix this issue, Gunny. It would require deep dig into material properties, at least for the pit textures and gauges. I guess "cleaning up" the canopy could be easier, but it seems the modders stopped bothering with this plane, sort of like the devs did.

Sad but true..

If this is the case then why is this module still being sold? If the devs abandoned it, shouldn't DCS get rid of it as well? Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite module, but since it is well on the way of becoming absolutely useless then how come someone is still pocketing the money from the sales?

If this is the case then why is this module still being sold? If the devs abandoned it, shouldn't DCS get rid of it as well? Don't get me wrong, this is my favorite module, but since it is well on the way of becoming absolutely useless then how come someone is still pocketing the money from the sales?

Well it is not an issue ONLY with the MIG-21.

That deferred shading ON is killing most of the cockpits....

and except helicopters, I have them all...

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

M3 is pretty much dead at this point. There's no significant update since the CE2 fiasco.

and what will happen now?

I mean it is a module available on the shop site ...

is ed thinking about taking over the support for this module?

or heatblur?

it would just be fair for the owners of this module

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Very good question

VERY good question indeed... :thumbup:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

M3 is pretty much dead at this point. There's no significant update since the CE2 fiasco.

I'm sorry Applesinduck, but that's just not true. There was a number of fixes since CE2 announcement, some of them very important and concerning many users, namely the collision model issue that affected performance and was causing low FPS when more than few MiG-21 were up close. For more details check DCS 1.5.8.12162, 1.5.8.12823 Update 1, 2.5.0 changelogs. Plus a few smaller ones, not indicated in changelogs, like recent issue causing game freeze.

I know that pace of development is not as fast as you would wish, but statement that there was no significant update since CE2 simply lacks basis. Particularly with New Years update where Corsair was teased.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Sure I can! As a matter of fact last night I felt my post was missing something and reached guys to get some picture on what is going on with most pressing issues related to pit.

Here are pictures, as you can see canopy glass glare is already fixed:

10AdhW.png

VVXcOI.png

As for the rest, gauges and needles are being modeled to prevent alpha blending errors. Original needles use alpha textures to create intricate shapes. Ufortunately the alpha blending errors causes some needles to appear either in front or behind others.

29Zj7o.jpg

Lights will be fixed after UV of needles are complete.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Thanks a lot Hiromachi.

The instruments lights and needles are something im very interest to have fixed.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

So am I. But Rudel even more since it's a lot of work and I bet he would like to be done with it :)

Thanks for the information Hiromachi, maybe it is possible to do this more often to prevent misunderstandings, many are waiting for an update and can not understand why it takes so long.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

Nice to hear! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hope the fixes will be in the next patch!

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II