Very long times loading

Japo32

Hi!

I just updated my 1.5.8 version to open beta 2.5 and everything is amazing good, but there is an issue. Loading times. They take for ages. Multiplayer, or single player. Even deleting my save games folder doesn't help at all. All is in an SSD.

A mission would take 5 minutes or more to load.

any clues to solve this?

Thanks!

Yep, a lot longer to load anything compared to 1.5.8 or 2.2. Having said that, 5 minutes seems excessively long!

I'm afraid I have no answer but I'll be interested to see if anyone else has.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hi!

I just updated my 1.5.8 version to open beta 2.5 and everything is amazing good, but there is an issue. Loading times. They take for ages. Multiplayer, or single player. Even deleting my save games folder doesn't help at all. All is in an SSD.

A mission would take 5 minutes or more to load.

any clues to solve this?

Thanks!

You should post your log, it may contain useful information. Also, specify your settings and what your hardware is, otherwise I don't see how they could help.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

116 seconds for me from double click to main menu.

172 from fly (in mission editor) to fully functional cockpit.

SSD

32 gb

1080ti

(no hw problem)

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Cleaned registry and still long times. 4-5 minutes to quick flight with A10 in spring for example.

I am installing all from zero with new installer to see if it helps.

My system is i7 4770k at 3.9ghz, Nvidia 980ti 16gb ram and running in SSD. Usually the 1.5x toke me less than a minute to load everything.

Also I am having imposibilities to enter MP as it takes more time and in menu to select rol it takes me ages as FPS are 1-5 fps. Once I can enter, still same FPS. Imposible to join.

CC is a great prog but be careful when cleaning registries. I have learned the hard way it is best to leave it alone as any perceived benefit is FAR outweighed by the real chance you can totally hose your system. You might not notice but one day a obscure program will call up a command and it was removed by CC. Just be dam sure you know what you are doing when fooling with the reg. A 1/4 second mouse click can cause all kinds of problems. I know this hahhaha....

I'm afraid even for me with a clean install of 2.5, I am still experiencing extremely long load times of over 5 minutes! However, I only experience this when joining a multiplayer session. After it decides to load somewhat, it times out and I get kicked to main menu. After this, I have to rejoin, in which it only takes a minute or so to get in.

i7 4770k OC 4.6Ghz // 24GB RAM // GTX 980ti // Asus Hero VI MB // 500GB SSD

It's because MP uses a lot of RAM ... your computer is swapping like hell and this slows down loading...

ED is looking into the problem

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

some people are experiencing long load times due to the building of the caches, if you can get hold of the mission you want to fly then open it in the mission editor, click fly and sit in the cockpit of an airframe, then when all smooth, exit the mission and then go find the MP server and join it, should allow for faster loading, (Dont exit DCS though as this will clear the cache)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• 2 years later...

Just something to try. Through the inferno took a lot of time loading in both multiplayer and single player. After a lot of trial and error, I found the cause was the custom kneeboard made by KneeboardBuilder. so I deleted C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard and it started to load very quickly. The symptoms were, after selecting a slot, it took about 5-10 minutes to load the aircraft. Maybe it is the lua scripts in the kneeboard?

• ED Team

Please attach your dcs logs when it happens.

you should be able to see in the log and with the timestamps where the problem is.

usually unofficial mods / custom stuff creates the problem.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2