New GME software

sedenion

Thanks for new features sedenion! Have a good rest! :D OvGME as is now is hands down superior to old JSGME on all categories and is also Open Source.

What is the new ugly bug? Something we should worry about?

No, no know bug, it was just a bad formulation, the good one is : "except if an ugly bug appear"... it was late, i was tired.

And a question.... have you ever thought to code mods? Like... a plane or something for DCS?

I thought about codding a whole simulator (already coded a very simple demo in WebGL several years ago) but alone it is hard. For a DCS module, the Mirage 2000 is already made by Razbam, and it is probably the only module i wish to participate.

No, no know bug, it was just a bad formulation, the good one is : "except if an ugly bug appear"... it was late, i was tired.

Got it now :thumbup: .

I thought about codding a whole simulator (already coded a very simple demo in WebGL several years ago) but alone it is hard. For a DCS module, the Mirage 2000 is already made by Razbam, and it is probably the only module i wish to participate.

They are making also a Mirage 3 but how about something "simple" and fun... like an AFM pilot after ejecting and after deploying chute? Would work with Mirage too :smartass: .

Just joking... have a nice Sunday and good rest after your awesome job with OvGME!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

My DCS World folder is in drive d with all my mods. However, my drive C has my mods for the export file in the drive c saved games folder. Presently, I use 2 JSGME folders to install/uninstall the mods, one for drive c and one for drive d. Is there a method to use just one OvGME folder for both drives?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

You can create 2 profiles but be careful not to heave overlapping mods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

My DCS World folder is in drive d with all my mods. However, my drive C has my mods for the export file in the drive c saved games folder. Presently, I use 2 JSGME folders to install/uninstall the mods, one for drive c and one for drive d. Is there a method to use just one OvGME folder for both drives?

I just don't understand what you are attempting to do... what are "mods for the export file" ?

You can create 2 profiles but be careful not to heave overlapping mods.

Only one game config per game root folder is allowed (to prevent overlap and backup corruption). But i don't understand the strategy of Sobe...

Edited by sedenion

I guess I am dumber than I thought. I will try again. Currently, I have 2 JSGME exe files, one of which I use for my general mods in DCS located in D:\DCS Worlds\_Mods. I have a second JSGME exe file that I use for changes in the Saved Games export file (mainly for Helios and simple radio) and this second file controls mods located in C:\USER\Saved Games\Mods for such things as modified export files to control Helios, simple radio and other mods that effect the saved games folder. Making 2 separate JSGME exe folders is simple in JSGME, but I cannot seem to do so in OvGME. Since you can only create one profile per game in OvGME, which I use for the mods in my d: drive, how can I make a separate list of mods for the c: drive that contains mods located in the saved games folder on my C: drive? I am currently using OVGME for my D: drive mods, but I continue to use JSGME for my C: drive saved games mods. I hope this better explains what I want to do.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I think this is permited as sedenion says.

Create your normal DCS World 1.5 profile

Create a second one named DCS World Saved Games (for example) but for it point as "game root folder" the DCS World folder from saved games. Then point as mods directory a folder with "mods" for Saved games folder. And that's all.

Let me make a screenshot

EXAMPLE

Cc9aStA.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess I am dumber than I thought. I will try again. Currently, I have 2 JSGME exe files, one of which I use for my general mods in DCS located in D:\DCS Worlds\_Mods. I have a second JSGME exe file that I use for changes in the Saved Games export file (mainly for Helios and simple radio) and this second file controls mods located in C:\USER\Saved Games\Mods for such things as modified export files to control Helios, simple radio and other mods that effect the saved games folder. Making 2 separate JSGME exe folders is simple in JSGME, but I cannot seem to do so in OvGME. Since you can only create one profile per game in OvGME, which I use for the mods in my d: drive, how can I make a separate list of mods for the c: drive that contains mods located in the saved games folder on my C: drive? I am currently using OVGME for my D: drive mods, but I continue to use JSGME for my C: drive saved games mods. I hope this better explains what I want to do.

Let be simple...

1) OvGME don't care where Mods to be installed are located : You can choose the folder you want on any disk for any game config.

2) OvGME allow you one game config per "root folder", this mean, if you have Mods who should be applyed in "D:\DCS World OpenBeta" and other mods who should be applyed in "C:\USER\DCS.openbeta", it is like you have two games, so you can create two "Game config":

- One for the game installation folder: Root path="D:\DCS World OpenBeta"

- One for the game user settings folder: Root path="C:\USER\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"

You name them and manage them as you want

(maybe i should replace the "Game" by simple "Config", since, indeed, this is not specifically related ot ONE GAME, but only to Mod installation folder)

Edited by sedenion

zaelu and sedenion

Success at last thanks to both of you. There were 2 tricks to getting it done right.

First, as illustrated by zaelu, I needed the game path to be directed to the saved games folder on the C drive and not the world folder on the d drive.

Second, as noted by sederion, the new game tab is slightly misleading. As suggested by sederion, if it were changed to "new config" I might have figured it out.

I now have 4 configs, 2 each for world and 2 each for saved games. This is a big advantage over JSGME.

Again thanks to both of you.

One last question. When I uninstall a current version and install a new version of OvGME, will I still have my config files for OvGME or will the uninstall wipe them out?

One last question. When I uninstall a current version and install a new version of OvGME, will I still have my config files for OvGME or will the uninstall wipe them out?

It delete all... If you want to save a configuration, before uninstalling, you must

1 - Disable all mods

2 - Save all the content of "C:\ProgramData\OvGME" including sub-folders

When reinstalling, copy the saved content

sedenion

Won't reinstalling the saved content override the new version of OvGME?

No, the program itself is in Program Files (x32) folder. The program Data contains only saved data in current install. Like what mods were installed, backups for them, profiles...

Maybe at un-installation would be a good thing to have a prompt to delete or not the OvGME folder from "Program Data" in case of reinstall?

(maybe i should replace the "Game" by simple "Config", since, indeed, this is not specifically related ot ONE GAME, but only to Mod installation folder)

I am sure you will receive then questions about how to create a second game profile. Maybe if you just add "(or config)" after Game profile? Or "Game/Config Profile"?

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe at un-installation would be a good thing to have a prompt to delete or not the OvGME folder from "Program Data" in case of reinstall?

I am currently on it... in the first times, a total configuration deletion was needed since the configuration data organisation would change from one version to another... but now the configuration structure is pretty stable and should not change, so deleting all config file is no more vital.

1.6.5 released, donwload link on the first page

Features / Changes (1.6.5)

- Added ability to keeps configuration files during uninstall.

- Fix uninstall process don't clean backup data.

- Fix some dialog text spelling and sentences.

- "Game" is now a generic "Configuration".

- Help updated and corrected.

Many Thanks!

edit.

finally my web server is up. still learning the basics but is up. so I started to play with repositories but when I try to create my xml file I get this without anything placed in the log.

yQToU52.jpg

I tried also with default directory of Mods but same crash so I tried with a "new folder" with just one archive... tried with another single archive and the same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

when I try to create my xml file I get this without anything placed in the log.

This is called a segfault...

compiler_complaint.png

I tried also with default directory of Mods but same crash so I tried with a "new folder" with just one archive... tried with another single archive and the same.

Not related to any path or whatever, it was a stupid mistake in the code... pointers, memory and so on... Fixed in the new build, i don't have changed version, the new fixed build and installer are available to download as 1.6.5 version.

Lol... I discovered a bug... I shall call it "Seggy" :)

Downloading it now and then I need to find how to write files in the www folder while I have remote access only on user folder on the server and then the big test should start... after I upload all the 8gb of mods :D . I think I need to do some weird chmod magic with my dcs_mods folder located there...

But that after I return from work... again...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for the bump.

I am afraid it's still not working. I redownloaded, I reinstalled from scratch, copied just the new binary and nothing... instant crash as soon as I hit the button Generate XML Source. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's strange but is the same. Either I do something wrong and I brake it or the files are not updated.

is this helpful? I use 64 bit

KQTqkxg.jpg

OXECyde.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's strange but is the same. Either I do something wrong and I brake it or the files are not updated.

is this helpful? I use 64 bit

Not helpfull... i must reproduce the bug, or i will never understand what happen... can you test with only 2 or 3 mods and a stupid url like 'toto.net" ?

Try to isolate the bug... test with only one mod without version nor description

add a short description and test again

add a version and test again

add a big description and test again

add a mod, and test again etc...

try with this binary and tell me if the problem still here (i removed some part, for debug purpose): https://github.com/sedenion/ovgme/releases/download/1.6.5-debug/OvGME.exe

Edited by sedenion

finally I'm on to something :D

ByklbMf.jpg

step 2

nllHXeR.jpg

it seems its from some mods... testing further by adding them

more mods

cVeMCBj.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I reached the point where the program sometimes crashes sometimes don't by just repeating the generate xml list process on same mods same address etc.

like this

:(

PS

Is the 32bit still susceptible of problems with big archives? I'm thnking to test 32bit also

PS 2

I tested with 32bit version. All 61 main archived mods.

No Problemo!!

It looks like something happens with 64bit version.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the version you donwloaded, the description encoding is disabled (description are empty), it seem to be the main bug generator... but if you have random bug even without that, i realy don't know where to search...

The 32bit version has that feature off? Because the 32bit version worked flawlessly! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]