DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

The error is you're missing the opus.dll thats included in the zip. Make sure to extract all the files from the installation zip and then run the installer.

It looks like you've just dragged the client exe out and run it which wont work :)

?

wow I'm stupid, i thought its a standalone exe without installing. sry for wasting your time

SFMBE

When easy comms are turned on the M-2000C V/UHF radio can't be tuned manually and the presets are not available. Instead frequency is locked to whatever you last used using the AI communications menu. The UHF radio is available but only with presets. This more or less makes SRS impossible to use on MP servers that have easy comms turned on unless others are willing to use a frequency supported by the UHF presets. Is there a workaround? Any chance of adding a tunable third radio to the M-2000C support similar to what we have for the FC3 jets as a workaround?

I find that startling. What MP server has easy comms enabled that is running a SRS server? I assume that the admin has done that inadvertently and you should inform them about it so they can fix it.

Turning on simple comms would effectively negate the value of running an SRS server, they would be better off sticking to TS in that case.

I find that startling. What MP server has easy comms enabled that is running a SRS server? I assume that the admin has done that inadvertently and you should inform them about it so they can fix it.

Turning on simple comms would effectively negate the value of running an SRS server, they would be better off sticking to TS in that case.

Aerobatics Online. It's a real mix of crazies doing low passes with no comms and more serious people trying to do formation flying and more realistic comms. There are many people flying simultaneously and sometimes lots of extraneous chatter or open mics on their teamspeak server, so a real advantage in moving some of the voice comms to another platform. But no problem with listening in on the opposing coalition since there is no weapons use permitted. Many users on that server are inexperienced so it's rational to keep easy comms turned on. And they have enabled the SRS expansion radios for FC3 planes and for at least some others (e.g. the Mig-15b). But I don't see any expansion radio for the Mirage on that server.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

There is a work around, either the server turns on expansion radios, and you should get a 3rd radio for the mirage

Aerobatics Online is where I've experienced the problem, and I'm seeing the extra radios already enabled for FC3 and for the Mig15-bis there, but not for the Mirage. I gather the Mirage needs to be enabled separately? Or is this a version issue?

OR edit this line: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua#L157

_update = SR.exportRadioM2000C(_update)

change to

_update = SR.exportRadioA10A(_update)

It'll make your mirage think its an a10A and give you full control over the radios but will disable the incockpit ones.

SRS just pulls the frequencies out of the radio so no way to override other than by just no exporting the radio info for that aircraft.

I'm surprised that easy comms is enforced by the mission though, usually its just on but not enforced so you can override it. Maybe worth messaging the server owner?

I'll try that, but does it completely disable the in-cockpit ones? In other words, does this also disable the ability to communicate with the AI through in cockpit radio settings and the comm menu? Or does it just mean that SRS will not respond to the in-cockpit controls? I'd hate to give up the in cockpit radios globally when flying the Mirage!

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Aerobatics Online. It's a real mix of crazies doing low passes with no comms and more serious people trying to do formation flying and more realistic comms. There are many people flying simultaneously and sometimes lots of extraneous chatter or open mics on their teamspeak server, so a real advantage in moving some of the voice comms to another platform. But no problem with listening in on the opposing coalition since there is no weapons use permitted. Many users on that server are inexperienced so it's rational to keep easy comms turned on. And they have enabled the SRS expansion radios for FC3 planes and for at least some others (e.g. the Mig-15b). But I don't see any expansion radio for the Mirage on that server.

I didn't think aerobatics online was running a SRS Server. It would make more sense to use the Simple Radio TS plug-in for that case. I assume it still works after the last couple of updates anyway.

wow I'm stupid, i thought its a standalone exe without installing. sry for wasting your time

No worries, not a waste! Helped you solve a problem :)

Aerobatics Online is where I've experienced the problem, and I'm seeing the extra radios already enabled for FC3 and for the Mig15-bis there, but not for the Mirage. I gather the Mirage needs to be enabled separately? Or is this a version issue?

I'll try that, but does it completely disable the in-cockpit ones? In other words, does this also disable the ability to communicate with the AI through in cockpit radio settings and the comm menu? Or does it just mean that SRS will not respond to the in-cockpit controls? I'd hate to give up the in cockpit radios globally when flying the Mirage!

Ah, sorry, i've not added expansion radios for the mirage as I didnt see the need due to its inbuilt VHF and UHF radios which have a pretty good range of frequencies between them.

Changing that line will have NO effect on ATC comms, that file just changes what data is exported by the sim. It'll disable the incockpit mirage radios having an effect on SRS but thats all. It'll be as if you were flying the FC3 A10A to the radios mind, giving you control over the frequencies and volumes regardless of the actual radio state in the sim.

Hope that helps :)

As I say, i'd message the admins as you can have Easy comms set to enable but not enforced, then the players own settings will have an effect. It seems odd to enforce Easy Comms and as pointed out above is probably an oversight as there is no reason to enforce it (AFAIK).

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Can you post your logs?

If it stops working with expansion radios then there is a USB device that SRS doesnt like. Usually because it claims to be something its not (like a joystick saying its a keyboard, weird i know...)

I can add the TM MFDS to the manual whitelist for you to try so they'll work without expansion devices turned on :)...

Same with mine. Not recognized. I have a Leo Bodnar card button box set up and it's the same thing. The two TM MFDs and the button box all three say "supplemental" in the log...

Do you want/need my SRS log as well, or good to go/already working a fix?

Thanks.

Sage

PS: Still the best addon program for DCS. Continually amazed by it. Great work!

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Same with mine. Not recognized. I have a Leo Bodnar card button box set up and it's the same thing. The two TM MFDs and the button box all three say "supplemental" in the log...

Do you want/need my SRS log as well, or good to go/already working a fix?

Thanks.

Sage

PS: Still the best addon program for DCS. Continually amazed by it. Great work!

If you enable "allow more input devices" and restart SRS does it work or stop detecting all devices?

If it doesn't work, post your logs and I'll manually whitelist your button box and TM MFDs

I know the MFDs work for some so not sure why they don't work for you. Might have a different device ID :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey guys,

Having an issue, installed SR and the files are where they should be... but when I click the SR client... nothing happens... no radios pop up. If I try to open a client... it crashes and I get an error message. I am on windows 7

Any help would be awesome

Nate

Hey guys,

Having an issue, installed SR and the files are where they should be... but when I click the SR client... nothing happens... no radios pop up. If I try to open a client... it crashes and I get an error message. I am on windows 7

Any help would be awesome

Nate

What error are you getting?

Please post the error details, and SRS logs (logs are where you installed the radio)

Also make sure that MSI afterburner as it tried to inject an FPS counter into the radio and then crashes the program...

Hope that helps! :)

What error are you getting?

Please post the error details, and SRS logs (logs are where you installed the radio)

Also make sure that MSI afterburner as it tried to inject an FPS counter into the radio and then crashes the program...

Hope that helps! :)

I get a pop up box that says the stand alone server has stopped working. the link it gives me to read is about privacy issues... i am totally lost

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

when i try to run the client.... nothing happens... no pop up box.. nothing

I get a pop up box that says the stand alone server has stopped working. the link it gives me to read is about privacy issues... i am totally lost

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

when i try to run the client.... nothing happens... no pop up box.. nothing

Please post a screenshot of the error, please also post the error logs that the program should generate where it was installed.

Did you install the latest .Net? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Are you running MSI afterburner? If so turn it off

Are you sure you're running from where you installed it, NOT the zip file? i.e C:\program files\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone

Please post a screenshot of the error, please also post the error logs that the program should generate where it was installed.

Did you install the latest .Net? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Are you running MSI afterburner? If so turn it off

Are you sure you're running from where you installed it, NOT the zip file? i.e C:\program files\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone

That did it! the .net was an old version i guess

now when I try to test the mic is says "trouble inisializing, try another input device" this is the same mic I use with TS.. and the only option in the menu... now what? lol

That did it! the .net was an old version i guess

now when I try to test the mic is says "trouble inisializing, try another input device" this is the same mic I use with TS.. and the only option in the menu... now what? lol

Glad that worked. That's why it's in giant bold writing everywhere I can possibly put it

Same again, please post the logs :)

Are you sure you ran the installer, and you're running the client from where it installed, not the zip, you've not dragged the exe anywhere?

Usually this is caused by the missing opus.dll which is usually an improper install.

If not that, did you install the media codec pack linked on the installation page? You'll know you need it if you don't have windows media player installed.

Glad that worked. That's why it's in giant bold writing everywhere I can possibly put it

Same again, please post the logs :)

Are you sure you ran the installer, and you're running the client from where it installed, not the zip, you've not dragged the exe anywhere?

Usually this is caused by the missing opus.dll which is usually an improper install.

If not that, did you install the media codec pack linked on the installation page? You'll know you need it if you don't have windows media player installed.

yep its actually running now.. server and client... but when it first runs and i can set the audio settings... it gets pissed.... I will go back to check the installation page.... screwed the pootch on that one

yep its actually running now.. server and client... but when it first runs and i can set the audio settings... it gets pissed.... I will go back to check the installation page.... screwed the pootch on that one

No worries, just post logs here, PM me or get me on Discord https://discord.gg/baw7g3t and i'll help :)

If you enable "allow more input devices" and restart SRS does it work or stop detecting all devices?

If it doesn't work, post your logs and I'll manually whitelist your button box and TM MFDs

I know the MFDs work for some so not sure why they don't work for you. Might have a different device ID :)

Sorry for the late reply. Life

Here is the log.txt.

clientlog.txt

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Holy cow! Just tried this for the first time and I love it!

Is there any way to do custom controls in different aircraft? I use the mic switch fore and aft buttons for different functions on aircraft other than the Hog, but I use them as designed in the Hog. It'd be nice to not have to remap the controls when I change to a different airframe.

I'm having a problem with simple radio standalone.

Basically when I press the "Preview Audio"-button, I get a popup that says "Problem Initialising Audio Output! Try a different Ouput device and please post your clien log on the forums". After that the program closes down. Apparently the program really doesn't like my Steelseries Arctic 7 headset.

I've attached the clientlog to this post.

I'm running windows 10 64 bit version.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and installing and running it as Administrator, but nothing has helped. I've been trying to google the error message, but it doesn't seem to be very prominent. I could really use a hand here to figure out what is wrong.

clientlog.txt

Am I confused or can I connect to the SRS for game server A while playing in game server B and still get the correct channel presets for game server B?

I was checking which servers had a working SRS and went into SeaQuarks 'Mig Alley' and was automatically connected to the SRS at the same IP. It all worked OK when I clicked the dial in the F-86 cockpit so I then went to ACG WW2 'Eclipse Winter' server and noted that I was getting different frequencies on each of the buttons on the Spitfire which was good except one of the channels mentioned in the briefing was not on the buttons. I came out of DCS to send a message to ACG and was surprised when I saw that the SRS client said I was still connected to the 'Mig Alley' server. Is that normal?

Perhaps it is wrong that when I changed server, SRS did not disconnect and autoconnect to the new one but it looks like ACG server was not accepting SRS connections anyway.

I might also mention that after switching between different servers a few more times, SRS decided to remove the overlay and not let me toggle it back on. Even stopping and restarting the client did not fix it (The AWACS window still toggles OK) I am going to have to restart my PC to see if that fixes it.

***EDIT*** It seems the overlay *was* there but minimised. I saw it on the taskbar and right clicked & chose 'Maximise'. All OK now. If there is a way to force it to maximise whenever toggled then that would be nice.

ps There is no entry for the Spit in the spreadsheet of radios & channels.

Edited by Roblex

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

I'm having a problem with simple radio standalone.

Basically when I press the "Preview Audio"-button, I get a popup that says "Problem Initialising Audio Output! Try a different Ouput device and please post your clien log on the forums". After that the program closes down. Apparently the program really doesn't like my Steelseries Arctic 7 headset.

I've attached the clientlog to this post.

I'm running windows 10 64 bit version.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and installing and running it as Administrator, but nothing has helped. I've been trying to google the error message, but it doesn't seem to be very prominent. I could really use a hand here to figure out what is wrong.

https://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/290874-wasapi-not-working-win7-speakers-high-definition-audio-device.html

Only thing I can find points to your audio drivers needing an update (assuming you've installed the Media pak for windows 10)? You can test if you need the media pack by seeing if windows media player is installed.

Sorry I cant help more!

Quick question with the latest update the channel radio panel is no longer on top, Tried the Lctrl+Esc but no joy any ideas?

You mean the ingame one? Its Left Ctrl +Left Shift + ESC but make sure DCS is the main window before hitting the key combo :)

If its not working, just do a reinstall to make sure all the scripts are in the right places :)

Am I confused or can I connect to the SRS for game server A while playing in game server B and still get the correct channel presets for game server B?

I was checking which servers had a working SRS and went into SeaQuarks 'Mig Alley' and was automatically connected to the SRS at the same IP. It all worked OK when I clicked the dial in the F-86 cockpit so I then went to ACG WW2 'Eclipse Winter' server and noted that I was getting different frequencies on each of the buttons on the Spitfire which was good except one of the channels mentioned in the briefing was not on the buttons. I came out of DCS to send a message to ACG and was surprised when I saw that the SRS client said I was still connected to the 'Mig Alley' server. Is that normal?

Perhaps it is wrong that when I changed server, SRS did not disconnect and autoconnect to the new one but it looks like ACG server was not accepting SRS connections anyway.

I might also mention that after switching between different servers a few more times, SRS decided to remove the overlay and not let me toggle it back on. Even stopping and restarting the client did not fix it (The AWACS window still toggles OK) I am going to have to restart my PC to see if that fixes it.

***EDIT*** It seems the overlay *was* there but minimised. I saw it on the taskbar and right clicked & chose 'Maximise'. All OK now. If there is a way to force it to maximise whenever toggled then that would be nice.

ps There is no entry for the Spit in the spreadsheet of radios & channels.

The overlay should always be maximised when toggled, unless you minimise it, rather than toggle it. There is also a button in settings to reset the overlay if it ever does odd things so try that if you have issues :)

SRS autoconnect will NOT disconnect you and reconnect, which is what you saw happen and is ok. I made that choice on purpose so the user has control over connections as for what ever reason the server could have the wrong auto connect IP, which would mean you would be repeatedly disconnected, even if you had a working connection. So yes, normal and expected :)

Regarding the spitfire frequencies on the radio, thats entirely controlled by the mission that you're currently in, the server you're connected too has no effect on that. The presets are actually part of the mission itself and must be set by the mission creator, unless the radio is an FC3 or expansion radio.

I thought i'd added the spitfire to the sheet, i'll add it at some point, but its pretty much the same radio as the p-51d so just go by that

• Like 1

Hey guys! I have a question, and I am not going to go through 153 pages to try to find an answer: Will SRS and DCS get merged eventually, in some way or another, or will it remain separate?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria