iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)  

222 members have voted

1. 1. iControl DCS (Another iPad pit)

• Hell yeah!
    • Nah, TouchIR stuff is good enough

You can't run the simulator in full screen mode while using iControl DCS or it can't capture the exported displays.

If you're having a different problem, please open a support ticket by clicking the Support tab on the left side of http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

Ok, back up a minute...I bought this app a couple of weeks ago. You're telling me that I have to fly in windowed mode to make a $30 app work? I must be reading it wrong so please correct me if I'm wrong. If that is true, it should be explained at the point of sale, in the app store. I wouldn't never bought something that expensive when there are free options out there that don't require you to fly in windowed mode. Who does that anyway? Also, where do we go for support. It seems that after a few minutes of running the app, it will screw up my wifi signal to my computer and I lose connection. I use a wireless USB to connect my desktop to my wifi.

Edited by BSS_Sniper

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, back up a minute...I bought this app a couple of weeks ago. You're telling me that I have to fly in windowed mode to make a $30 app work? I must be reading it wrong so please correct me if I'm wrong. If that is true, it should be explained at the point of sale, in the app store. I wouldn't never bought something that expensive when there are free options out there that don't require you to fly in windowed mode. Who does that anyway? Also, where do we go for support. It seems that after a few minutes of running the app, it will screw up my wifi signal to my computer and I lose connection. I use a wireless USB to connect my desktop to my wifi.

Yes, that is correct.

It is explicitly stated under the System Requirements in the App Store description.

The sim will run in borderless windowed mode. For all intents and purposes, this will look the same to you as running full screen, however the server will now be able to grab the exported displays. That's not currently possible in exclusive full screen mode. This is a limitation of the sim and there's nothing I can do about it unfortunately.

If you could point me in a direction of a free app that doesn't require running in windowed mode to capture the exported MFCD or CDU I'd love to take a look at it, I'd love for it to not be a requirement!

As for the problems with WiFi, you can contact support by clicking the Support tab on the left side of http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html. however this sounds like a problem with your networking hardware and there's probably not much I can help with. Neither the server or tablet app modify network settings and uses the same networking protocol as the one you're using to post here.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

For starters, when you run in 'windowed mode' with the full dimensions it really doesn't look any different so its not really anything to worry about.. a second monitor is really preferred though in my opinion.

Than said, it is very clearly stated as a requirement, and its also clear that you should try and evaluate the free version of the app before paying.

This is directly from the Apple App store (I added the bold)

System Requirements:

- DCS World with A-10C Addon

- Microsoft Windows

- iControl DCS Server available at http://www.bit-shift.com/

- Due to limitations in the simulator, live MFCDs must be repeated on your monitor.

- Due to limitations in the simulator, the sim will be forced to run in full screen windowed mode

***** We suggest you give A-10 VC Free a try before purchasing iControl DCS to make sure it suits your play style. *****

So in all fairness, it is made VERY clear whats required and that you can and should test for free

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 1 year later...

Just a quick questions Border, will you be doing something similar to this for the F-18? I know I grab it straight away and probably anyone who got it for the A-10 as well, I can't fly the warthog without it and the thought of not having it for the F-18 ( my favorite fighter of all time!) seems horrible.

Just curious anyway, thanks for your hardwork!

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

Just a quick questions Border, will you be doing something similar to this for the F-18? I know I grab it straight away and probably anyone who got it for the A-10 as well, I can't fly the warthog without it and the thought of not having it for the F-18 ( my favorite fighter of all time!) seems horrible.

Just curious anyway, thanks for your hardwork!

It's possible! Even, dare I say... probable ... that the F-18 will get some love since it's one of my favorite too!

I haven't been following closely, how's the progress on it coming?

• Like 1

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

It seems to be coming along really well at the moment, the cockpit looks mostly done and the external modal i think is already in the game, plus on Matts last live with the F-5 stream at the start he did the ol' "what are those hornets doing there" similar to what he did with the F-5's just before they were announced.

Starting to get excited, here's a link to the VFA-113 stingers site, they're following it pretty closely.

Good times ahead.

Also, yay for a possible iControl for the hornet!

http://www.vfa-113.com/

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having real trouble getting this to connect to my PC, I'm trialing it on a Samsung galaxy tab 3, and it is always saying disconnected, I've tried my PC's network name, and the IP address, it is currently not unlocked, but I would have thought you could still get a connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Got a connection for about 5 seconds now' date=' but it dropped out again, any suggestions would be appreciated.[/quote']

Sounds like your wifi signal is probably weak. Try moving the device closer to your router and see if it still drops.

I think you've opened a support ticket, so I can help ya out there if you're still having issues. If not, https://bit-shift.com/ and click the Support tab at the bottom of the screen. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
We don't have a way hiding the exported MDFs on the main monitor (win10 user)?

Unfortunately not. Best you can do is put it on an additional screen. Limitation of the way the sim works :(

All good, just wanted to double check.

I've got a spare 24" at home so will hook that up

Had a quick play the yesterday and it certainly changes the way the sim is played. So much more efficient! :thumbup:

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a problem when using the Android app with Open Beta 1.5.5: Is there no way to have the CDU screen have a black background? With a clear background, anywhere I drag it on my main screen then obviously shows whatever is behind it in the CDU screen in the app.

Edited by GregP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm having a problem when using the Android app with Open Beta 1.5.5: Is there no way to have the CDU screen have a black background? With a clear background, anywhere I drag it on my main screen then obviously shows whatever is behind it in the CDU screen in the app.

Unfortunately there's not. At least not that I know of. The best solution at this point is to put it somewhere on the screen where the main cockpit or mfcds don't occupy. I know that's not a great solution for some people with particular monitor setups :(

• 3 months later...

New version of the iPad app and server published today. Here's the changelog:

• Lots of radio fixes.

• Help screen on launch can be disabled in settings.

• Bug fixes.

New server is available at http://www.bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html

Enjoy!

Hi Boarder2,

hello everyone,

after updating iControl DCS to 4.2.9 (Server: v5.8.0.95) i have problems to set frequencies (comm). Settings are jumping back to the settings in the pit. Switches are working fine and settings made in the pit are correctly displayed in the app. Before the update everything worked fine! Any ideas?

DCS: Newest Version / Track IR

Hi Boarder2,

hello everyone,

after updating iControl DCS to 4.2.9 (Server: v5.8.0.95) i have problems to set frequencies (comm). Settings are jumping back to the settings in the pit. Switches are working fine and settings made in the pit are correctly displayed in the app. Before the update everything worked fine! Any ideas?

DCS: Newest Version / Track IR

Any chance you could make a video of what you're seeing happen?

If you don't wan to post it publicly feel free to drop it on dropbox/onedrive/private youtube video/whatever and open a support ticket with me at https://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html and using the support widget in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Hi boarder2,

thanks for the fast respond. I must correct myself: Settings do not jump back to the settings of the pit. It looks as if icontrol reacts too sensitively and skips several.

It is not possible to set the desired frequency via icontrol. The numbers always jump further.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwnnqyvqybaqqy3/Datei%2012.08.17%2C%2008%2059%2037.mov?dl=0

Edited by Barsaman

Hi boarder2,

thanks for the fast respond. I must correct myself: Settings do not jump back to the settings of the pit. It looks as if icontrol reacts too sensitively and skips several.

It is not possible to set the desired frequency via icontrol. The numbers always jump further.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwnnqyvqybaqqy3/Datei%2012.08.17%2C%2008%2059%2037.mov?dl=0

Whoops, you're absolutely right. I messed up the values for the VHF radios in this build.

Already fixed and it's just waiting for Apple to approve it for release. Tossing in another nice feature I was working on lately too.

Thanks for letting me know!

Hi there,

Is there any chance this app will include other crafts as well? Ka-50 for instance?

Can't say for sure about ka-50 but I'm definitely trying to come up with a path for supporting more aircraft than just the a-10 as additional in-app purchases. That effort is very much in its infancy at this point so I don't have much to talk about other than "working on it!" :thumbup:

• 9 months later...
Any chance of adding the f18c as well?

I had started down the road of being able to support multiple aircraft (this is a large undertaking for the iPad app - pretty much a complete rewrite - and still a fairly heavy lift for the android app) however at this time I've had to put this project on hold for personal reasons.

This app is a side project for me and things have come up in "real life" that need the attention I had been giving to this project.

It is still something I want to support, unfortunately I don't have any information on when or if that will ever happen :(

I will still be supporting the existing app and making sure it continues to work with future releases of DCS:W (unless something changes where that's not possible any more) but at this point I can't commit to any new features.

Thanks to everyone for all the support through the years. I hope the future will allow more time to work on new stuff!