Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Correct but don't forget that Afterburner cone's color depends on atype of fuel that's being burned.

For instance standard fuel for Falcon is a JP4 and you'll have orange afterburner while Navy's using JP5 that seems more blueish. JP5 has more calories (octane) and is more powerful fuel, so temperature required to burn that fuel is higher. That's why you have blueish effect. Just like a blowtorch, higher the temperature more blue it gets!

Cool, thanks. I only work with one type of fuel so never seen the difference.

I did not know that for a Falcon they use JP4, are sure about that? I don't think I have ever used JP4.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

An-26 carrier landing. You can see arresting cables in the first plan:

LOL!

Must be an old abandoned carrier,.............................there are already trees growing on it :harhar::megalol::smilewink:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]cure"Biggy"bigbelgian

Cool, thanks. I only work with one type of fuel so never seen the difference.

I did not know that for a Falcon they use JP4, are sure about that? I don't think I have ever used JP4.

What type of fuel did You guys use in R.O.K., IIRC You do maintenance on F-117 and F-16, right?!!

F100-PW-200 and 220 turbofans used JP4 but I'm not sure which fuel feeds F110-GE-132 found in BLK60.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What type of fuel did You guys use in R.O.K., IIRC You do maintenance on F-117 and F-16, right?!!

F100-PW-200 and 220 turbofans used JP4 but I'm not sure which fuel feeds F110-GE-132 found in BLK60.

http://www.answers.com/topic/jp-8

I'm Station in the Republic of Korea (R.O.K) But I'm in the USAF and we do not use JP-4 AFAIK we use JP-8 Also, the only country that has -132 is U.A.E., no other bought the Blk 60, I think.

P.S.

Jet engine, at least the ones I have work, can use a wide variety of fuels.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

http://www.answers.com/topic/jp-8

I'm Station in the Republic of Korea (R.O.K) But I'm in the USAF and we do not use JP-4 AFAIK we use JP-8 Also, the only country that has -132 is U.A.E., no other bought the Blk 60, I think.

P.S.

Jet engine, at least the ones I have work, can use a wide variety of fuels.

I guess you're younger so that might be the reason you never worked with this type of fuel. JP4 was intended to be replaced by JP8 during late 90s in USAF. But many other countries that bought F-16, even some European NATO participants still use JP4. JP8 is less flammable and more environment friendly than JP4 so modern ecology standards simply ruled out JP4.

JP5 is somewhat similar to JP8 in taste and smell but has increased burning temperature by some 70°Celsius. So is the icing temperature. That Su-27 is probably burning T-8V fuel because we all know that Russia has some AB in it's far north like Kola, Novaya Zemlya etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know that here in Norway, JP8 is the fuel of choice. Not for drinking, I might add, as it has a VERY accelerative effect on your digestion. And yes, I am talking from personal experience...

AB-cones on the RNoAF Vipers, who use the F100-PW-220E, varies in colour depending on humidity and temperature. Sometimes it's red/orange, other times it's got a purple tint with white tips.

• Like 1

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

^^^^^^^

Now that You mentioned it, do You remember Russian Knights belly landing. It was perfect, I never saw entire video of the mishap but at first I thought plane was intentionaly laid on runway with gears up!!! It was standing on it's engine pylons!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a video of a Galeb G2 doing some aerobatics today. The quality is very bad, but at least you get to see the view from my rooftop :D

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Here's a video of a Galeb G2 doing some aerobatics today. The quality is very bad, but at least you get to see the view from my rooftop :D

Great catch NSCode but why is video shivering like that?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]