3rd Shrek Squadron Annual Swamp Meet and BBQ 2014

Trubshaw

Another eventful year in the DCS World and Shrek Squadron. Has resulted in a reasonably stable multiplayer 1.28 and a reasonable stable Orge! As is customary day 1 saw us at a museum, this year RNAS Yeovilton and day 2, the BBQ itself.

Ogre%20BBQ.JPG

His Orgeness himself hosted Shrek Squadron’s event of the year that has now grown to include active flying members, inactive members friends and family. This year several first timers at the swamp meet. Hawk, Wardie, Symie & Fretless. We only knew them as familiar voices in our heads but they turn out to be real and just as enthusiastic about flight as we are. Turns out Symie, on his best behaviour can even hold a conversation without belching!

A special mention to Mrs Dragon for being the only female and for the excellent fruit salad!

Whole%20Group%202014.JPG

Founder members Dragon and Balrog joined us again, TinTin, BigNewy, BeeKay and Trubshaw were ever present. TinTin coming over from Holland on his motor bike this year. Apologies were offered from Catz, Nebs and Carsten. Unofficial prize giving saw Hawk and Trubs getting mugs, cheers Tin Tin. However, Symie stole the show with a ‘no parking’ sign for Hawk, an ‘Awesome" T Shirt for BigNewy and a ‘Drama Queen’ award for Wardie.

Don%20Ogre%20Newy.JPG

Ogre’s swamp was looking particularly good and the BBQ was the best since time began with fish dishes that Rick Stein would be proud of! Food and drink flowed well into the night amid tales of online coop flying with the squadron with the biggest laughs for, "well what do you want an e-mail?" and "SAM going Hi!" Just when we were flagging along came Balrog’s curry and sticky rice…quality.

The final session of the evening in the wee small hours saw us retire to Ogre’s ‘executive shed’ for coffee before wending our way back to our beds.

Active%20Members%20at%20BBQ.JPG

Active Shrek Squadron Members at the BBQ

Back Row:

BigNewy, BeeKay, Wardie, Hawk, TinTin, Symie and Trubshaw

Front Row

: Fretless & Orgeman

A very special thanks to Mr & Mrs Ogre for opening up their home and making such an international group of reprobates feel so welcome.

Lets hope we will be flying in The Edge Engine for the next BBQ.

Edited by Trubshaw
Typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

• ED Team

Awesome™ write up as usual Trubshaw :)

It was a great get together ! BBQ was super ( even for me as a Pescetarian, BBQ fish was superb )

Looking forward to another year :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

A great sample for community spirit :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

now that is something that you don't see everyday

awesome

that is exactly why Flight sim community is all about:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog