DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Could you and Warlord pls arrange for your F/A 18C profile to be hosted in his Github rep?

Other panels are supported too. I use the multipanel to display other info like altituded, speed, vvi, etc.

In the leds of the gear i use to display the airbrakes, hood and gears.

On.

Hello...my ordered panels arrived.

But i cannot get it to work.

I installed dcs bios scripts in saved games and added the line in export.lua.

Followed the instructions of the first page for dcsflight panels, but when i start flight panels i get this error and then dcs flight panels is blank.

See the screenshots

74098cd01f6a4211f71466804e2028c0.jpg85ab0ef8af52d9676d1cdedb7dad29db.jpg

could please someone direct me in the right direction?

If i start as admin i have the same issue

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

edit i found the error...i didn’t know that i had to point dcspanels to the doc/json directory in saved games, i thought that like other programs you need just to point to saved games.

Not criticism...i fortunately can read an error log but instructions could have been clearer in the first post...also i took a while to understand that there is a specific dcs bios version and i found it just luckily in the dcspanels github.

anyway thanks for your work...now i have to figure out what to do with the two panels...

Someone has an hornet profile laying around?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

edit i found the error...i didn’t know that i had to point dcspanels to the doc/json directory in saved games, i thought that like other programs you need just to point to saved games.

Not criticism...i fortunately can read an error log but instructions could have been clearer in the first post...also i took a while to understand that there is a specific dcs bios version and i found it just luckily in the dcspanels github.

anyway thanks for your work...now i have to figure out what to do with the two panels...

Someone has an hornet profile laying around?

True, I have updated the latest release. That one has a more meaningful message when DCS-BIOS isn't found.

I also wonder about the F/A 18-C and DCSFP profiles, where are they?

True, I have updated the latest release. That one has a more meaningful message when DCS-BIOS isn't found.

I also wonder about the F/A 18-C and DCSFP profiles, where are they?

today i lost all day doing some profiles for the hornet.

For the switch panel i am very happy about the results.

About the multi panel, i am not happy...also using slope formula (off values) and capt zeen formula calculator i cannot get some values to be showed correctly.

Also i cannot get the knob to work correctly with some values, like altimeter pressure.

I would like to share the profiles, but i need some help from expert users.

I don't have the F/A 18-C, if you are asking specific questions regarding that. Anything else and I can help.

today i lost all day doing some profiles for the hornet.

For the switch panel i am very happy about the results.

About the multi panel, i am not happy...also using slope formula (off values) and capt zeen formula calculator i cannot get some values to be showed correctly.

Also i cannot get the knob to work correctly with some values, like altimeter pressure.

I would like to share the profiles, but i need some help from expert users.

I don't have the F/A 18-C, if you are asking specific questions regarding that. Anything else and I can help.

ok...

i think i found a bug...but probably in dcs bios....pressure strep increase and pressure step decrease both increase the value.

Then i need help for ias vvi and in general the buttons of the multi panel.

For example i tried to map the AP button to the Hornet UFC button but when i press it, it remains pressed...is there something like “PULSE” as it is named for example in the thrustmaster target software?

@virus when you can say me which switch,Knob,.. it is for the pressure step increase decrease.

i will have a look in the bios file

stby_press_alt with variable step -3200 +3200

both register as increase

ok in dcs bios it defined as potentiometer and it works (i can test only in Modelviewer)

i think the bios file it good.

maybe in the Panel program, but here must artur or capt zeen look. i dont have the knowlege yet ;)

ok in dcs bios it defined as potentiometer and it works (i can test only in Modelviewer)

i think the bios file it good.

maybe in the Panel program, but here must artur or capt zeen look. i dont have the knowlege yet ;)

ok i thought it was dcs bios because using the chrome extension and clicking on +3200 and -3200 does the same

hm than i musst look again. i dont own the hornet, so i cant test it ingame.

i will check gain the entry.

edit: is this knob with the problem? (if not please show me the one.)

2018-12-23.jpg.351f3f1f674397bfb7a3808c930b21e2.jpg

Edited by BlackLibrary

ok i thought it was dcs bios because using the chrome extension and clicking on +3200 and -3200 does the same

Yes, if the CTRL-Ref page does the same it is DCS-BIOS.

Off question, when you get these "Reply to thread..." emails and click the "This thread is located at:" link, do you get redirected to the last page in this thread?

I don't, I get redirected to anything but the new post (page where the post is at).

Edited by ArturDCS

hm than i musst look again. i dont own the hornet, so i cant test it ingame.

i will check gain the entry.

edit: is this knob with the problem? (if not please show me the one.)

yes this is the one...both using dcsflightpanels and dcs bios chrome extension the results are the same...regardless of what you do the value increase only

I have no experience of VR in DCS, tried it on PS4 and instantly got motion sickness. :music_whistling:

Here are pilots that use both panels and VR. Hopefully someone can give some input.

Hi guys,

Quite interesting. I am thinking about buying the Saitek Flight Switch Panel.

Does it worth? Or better wait for better VR and invest the 100usd in it?

Tks,

Sydy

You kinda have to choose your side here. Having a physical radio stack to manage frequencies in MP is absolutely fantastic, but close to impossible to use in VR unless you can perfectly memorize where are the switches.

On the other hand, VR is offering an increase in situational awareness that no monitors can give.

The only way for the future is a way to switch from VR to external camera feedback so you can see when looking down your pit and have a full VR when looking up outside. I haven't see anything like this yet.

@virus

can you please test the attached lua? i hope i solve the problem

thanks, i will test it tomorrow e report back

Happy holidays

it workls correctly now.

Thanks

@virus

can you please test the attached lua? i hope i solve the problem

What script really do, how t can be useful (i have F-18 and all 3 panels as well), or how to use it?

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

I have problem with already solved #26 - PZ70 Multipanel FLAPS_LEVER_DOWN textbox not found

I've raised new issue:

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin