Minimalizing fps drop when using trackir

Is there a way to minimize fps drop when you move your head around in the cockpit? I keep dropping from 40-50 fps to 30s high 20s just by looking around

It's been disorienting and making me lose visual on contacts during dogfighting when I have to swing my head around a lot and is getting me killed that way.

Is there a way to minimize fps drop when you move your head around in the cockpit? I keep dropping from 40-50 fps to 30s high 20s just by looking around

It's been disorienting and making me lose visual on contacts during dogfighting when I have to swing my head around a lot and is getting me killed that way.

It's good to list your system and sim settings WelshZeCorgi.

At the moment I'm forcing my system to 60 fps to make Trackir smoother in sim by adding the (autoexec.cfg) text file.

options.graphics.maxfps = 60 <----- Change this to suit.

Put file in ----> C:\Users\(YOURUSERNAME)\Saved Games\DCS (beta etc)\Config

This also allows me to adjust my system to "try and hold that" if it can.....

Depending on your system and game options set? You can change this using notepad (Open With) to lock at 50 fps etc.

I test it on fairly large battles, such as the F/A-18 missions where there is lots going on.

You can just create this file yourself and name it (autoexec.cfg) or download this one below.

autoexec.cfg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

And , it should be added , if you have a 60hz refresh-rate monitor , merely check VSYNC in the DCS system settings to achieve the same end . Then adjust eye-candy settings to hold Vsync under all or most circumstances according to your preferences and hardware , and you will be rewarded with butter-smooth frames in all TiR views .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2