Will 1.5.8 receive full harrier updates?

WildBillKelsoe

or will it continue only to 2.5?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Once 2.5 branche update is there. There wil be no updates anymore for 1.5.8

I think this will happen in 1 or 2 weeks.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

There wil be no updates anymore for 1.5.8

How do you know? I thought there will be a final 1.5.8 update to bring 1.5.8 Stable to the same version as the last 1.5.8 OB version or even higher?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Why??

Personally I dont want them touching 1.X anything now, any issues/bugs etc should be in 2.X and IMO the last stable version of 1.X is the last.

All effort into DCS 2!!

They said there will be a 1.5.8 final, which will be available to download when the Stable branch gets updated to 2.5:

1.5.8 Final version installer will be available on DCS site.

attachment.php?attachmentid=176953&d=1516860954

I would assume that would at least incorporate the latest 1.5.8 OB update, which is not yet available on the 1.5.8 Stable.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I personally think they should update the harrier to the same as it was on 1.5.8 beta because we have had a retrograde step with TPOD functionality. At the moment I cant run 2.5.

For all the people who have no choice to run 1.5.8 it would be appropriate to bring it up to its previous functionality.

the actual beta of the aircraft was sold at full price on steam and then development stopped which i think is verging on a rip off. If i had known this was going to happen to the functionality i would have not bought the harrier and bought upgrades from my computer.

the only answer I can get from ED on the matter is "the harrier works on 2.5 upgrade to 2.5"

I have the recommended settings for 2.5 and it still runs like a dog on potato settings

They said there will be a 1.5.8 final, which will be available to download when the Stable branch gets updated to 2.5:

I would assume that would at least incorporate the latest 1.5.8 OB update, which is not yet available on the 1.5.8 Stable.

they are burying their headds in the sand and refusing to update it, they consider it un supported.

• ED Team

It is not practical to update old branches.

The sim will be constantly evolving and the AV-8B will be updated with it.

1.5.8 Will become a legacy version and unsupported just like 1.2.16

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I understand they dont want to develop it any more as far as i am concerned it is now unsupported BUT what we are talking about is fixes that were already in place that have been removed. Its a retrograde step

• ED Team

All fixes and updates roll out through DCS updater, on a Wednesday or a Friday

Doing stand alone patches for older versions is not going to happen I am sorry.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You see a dead horse laying in the road, but you still have milk to deliver. Would you a. Treat the poor old nag to a decent burial. Or b. Flog it and get the milk delivered one way or another?

Frankly what you are asking for is patently unsound. If the Harrier updates go out to 1.5.8 ED will be wasting valuable resources that would be much better served improving 2.5. The two branches have diversified sufficiently that a lot of code for one will not work with 1.5.8 - hence the lack of any Harrier updates since the initial roll out.

2.5 has everything that 1.5.8 had, but in a much better looking environment. It's what's been known for decades as progress! Unless you have a low grade PC that struggles to run 2.5 there is no reason to stick with 1.5.8. If your PC is below par, do you think it fair that you hold the rest of the community back, just to save you a little cash?

I am the same, i cant help think that the 1.x stream and 2.x stream put in unnecessary burden on developers having to update both, my hope with this merge was that outside of 2.x beta when it is stable, the only updates required would be to fix problems in beta releases of their aircraft/weapons/ships and not having to fix problems with upgrades caused by DCS World maturity.

Then our third parties can focus entirely on their product in a stable environment.

If DCS World doesnt get it right in full release and there is a continuous upgrade to the base then I would be disappointed on behalf of third parties.

That said, I could see the need to perhaps do a DCS 3 if sub warfare or more destructive environments were needed and to keep pace with technology, but I would support that being a closed branch to prevent the hostility gathered by not supporting multiple branches.

Again, only my opinion.

As scampaboy said: The update he is talking about has already been there in the 1.5.8 OB: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3365690&postcount=63

Unfortunetaly the 1.5.8 Stable has not been updated to this version yet. So all scampaboy wants is that the 1.5.8 Stable will be updated to the last 1.5.8 OB version. There is nothing new to do as it has already been there.

See this table for better understanding: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2249076&postcount=2

The 1.5.8 OB had been updated to 1.5.8.13716, while the 1.5.8 Stable remains at 1.5.8.12823. So it would be great if the 1.5.8 Stable could be updated to 1.5.8.13716 (which includes the TPOD fixes) which then can remain as a 1.5 legacy build when the Stable gets updated to 2.5.

I understand they dont want to develop it any more as far as i am concerned it is now unsupported BUT what we are talking about is fixes that were already in place that have been removed. Its a retrograde step

As an alternative you can still manually update to the latest 1.5.8 OB with this command: DCS_Updater.exe update 1.5.8.13716@openbeta

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Hi

as far as I am aware 1.5.8 will receive another update before being final

but I do not know when

I find that at least all ongoing beta modules should be kept updated in 1.5.8 until deemed final modules.

People have bought them as early acces also for 1.5.8 and should expect to see them being finished for 1.5

There might be users with systems not capable to run 2.5 who bought those modules only to be used with 1.5

After those final updates, it´s reasonable for ED to end further development on 1.5.8 and move on.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team

Sorry but that is not how it will work.

Once 1.5.8 is final all future updates will be in 2.5 and the latest version of DCS. 1.5.8 will be unsupported.

This is how it has been with all other modules over the years, as we progressed through the changes 1.2.16 > 1.5.8 > 2.5 and so on.

You see a dead horse laying in the road, but you still have milk to deliver. Would you a. Treat the poor old nag to a decent burial. Or b. Flog it and get the milk delivered one way or another?

Frankly what you are asking for is patently unsound. If the Harrier updates go out to 1.5.8 ED will be wasting valuable resources that would be much better served improving 2.5. The two branches have diversified sufficiently that a lot of code for one will not work with 1.5.8 - hence the lack of any Harrier updates since the initial roll out.

2.5 has everything that 1.5.8 had, but in a much better looking environment. It's what's been known for decades as progress! Unless you have a low grade PC that struggles to run 2.5 there is no reason to stick with 1.5.8. If your PC is below par, do you think it fair that you hold the rest of the community back, just to save you a little cash?

I fully understand that 1.5.8 is now unsupported and there will be no future development.

The development had already been done and was already released. I am not asking for continual development I am asking for what has already been developed to be added to the final version. One last update to include the last to be honest great accomplishments.

For your information my computer meets and exceeds the recommended requirement, And i can barely run 2.5 on potato settings.

As for comments about holding the community back to save a little cash, not every person is in such a situation where they can afford to upgrade their computer on a whim. I mean have you seen the prices of GPU recently? I think that comment was quite nasty and uncalled for and I really think you should take it back.

• ED Team

Stay with 1.5.8 it is the most stable

You can run the open beta 2.5 if you wish, it is a separate build

Eventually 1.5.8 release will be updated to 2.5 but not until ED have work on some issues in the open beta.

Hi

as far as I am aware 1.5.8 will receive another update before being final

but I do not know when

Thanks, this is exactly what I meant :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

1.5.8 Updates will be forthcoming for as long as 1.5.8 is being updated by ED. Once 1.5.8 enters legacy status there will be no further updates.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."