F/A 18C Hornet Flight demonstration video question

Fuelburner

Hi folks,

how can I get the same camera view angles like in the video ? Is there any keyboard key set up for this view ? I wanna do a video which looks the same way.

best regards...

1) F11 to cycle through airbases.

2) Navigate using mouse:

- Axis: Line-of-sight

- Wheel: Set speed forward/backward

- Numpad /: Backward fast

- Numpad *: Forward fast

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Hi Jack,

thanks for your help. I´ve tried this but it seems to be different. Not only the unstabilized camera movement in the video which was might be done with a video editing tool, but the plane is always centered in the middle of the screen.

If I use F11 I have to follow the plane by myself with the mouse...so I think they`ve used a different method...

Any other ideas ?

Edited by Fuelburner

• ED Team

I replied to this to a user on youtube, so I'll just copy it here:

CTRL-F11 = freecam view. Move the camera wherever you want. Then press CTRL-F3 and the camera will start tracking your plane from that same spot. For the "dynamic camera movement", use TrackIR and try to simulate a real handheld camera. If you don't have TrackIR, the plane will be locked to the center of the screen as the plane flies around. Or you just use the mouse to try to follow the plane (while in freecam view), but the movement will not be as smooth. Hope this helps.

When in freecam if you want smoother movement you need to edit one of the .LUA files, I think the explanation is in the Cameras and Views thread - turning the value down to some low fraction smooths the movement out for pan, tilt and zoom.

'Gimp (DISCO)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot