AV-8B Laser Guided Accuracy

hardnick

The ship is moving so that’s what the issue is, the bomb is being released at the point where if it was static that it would fall into the “basket” where it can pick up the reflected laser. Not sure if this is a bug with ththe bomb release call or not?

To make matters worse, the ship is travelling directly opposite to you direction, further compounding the problem (thus it’s going long).

Edited by Oesau

I thought that in 2.5 the TPOD is not currently tracking moving targets or am I getting confused on sim versions?

Edited to add - I found what I remembered seeing, maybe related to this? https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202752

'Gimp

Edited by AcroGimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Wow tell me what I'm doing wrong I can't hit a moving target to save my life, yes on 1688 and LASR active and flashing L when lasing it falls short , maybe increase my altitude ? what altitude are you bombing from ? Thanks !

You got your armament set to auto?

Also, your mode may me screwed up, make sure to watch a few youtube videos, i think that you can look at a target with the TGP but actually lase it from the aircraft, so you need to hit TDC on your MFD.

And set your FLIR to PT not AR, OSB15 I think. PT it point tracking AR is area.