TEWI Campaign Mission 15

IIRC thats the downed f16 pilot right? You need to destroy a vehicle group close to him and then afterwards an infantry group. After you take out those, chopper comes and rescues him.

Did you destroy those groups?

Edit: nevermind what i said was from the Opf not enemy within.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I actually had a similar problem but I had taken out the enemies, told the helo to land, watched as it did and then circled for 20mins watching the pilot stand there like a lemon.

You should read the post before yours. I believe it's his campaign.

Buzz

Hey! You first have to contact him using the F-10 radio menu (ask him some questions and find the flare), destroy two incoming enemy groups and only then you should get a new F-10 option to tell the helo to land.

ok so im destroying the groups to soon it sounds like. just at the end he seems to run down the hill but never gets in.

IIRC thats the downed f16 pilot right? You need to destroy a vehicle group close to him and then afterwards an infantry group. After you take out those, chopper comes and rescues him.

Did you destroy those groups?

Edit: nevermind what i said was from the Opf not enemy within.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

yeah this is the downed f16 pilot mission.

Aww I love that mission... as a matter of fact I loved em all! And yep BD ( all mighty creator) is right, take out the two groups after you see the flare and make contact. you'll nail it! TEW is dollar for dollar the best value campaign around! I'm prob gunna fly it again! Man I'll never get to NTTR this way lol

Peace out, Gaz

thumbup.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

It is possible that there is a bug with infantry moving / obeying orders introduced in 1.5.7 - had seen some similar problems in other missions I was testing...

my guess is that is it, because i still cant get past it. he splits into 2 characters one stays stationary and the other heads to the chopper but never gets in

• 1 month later...
I just tried to do the mission again and it still wont complete, the guy never gets into the chopper for extraction.

Make sure you completely ahniliate all the ground targets and anything else red, leave nothing behind. I completed it with no probs.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

• 3 months later...
Make sure you completely ahniliate all the ground targets and anything else red, leave nothing behind. I completed it with no probs.

got back on DCS after several months tried this campaign mission again still the same thing the target never gets into the chopper, I cleared every red target before calling in the chopper, im playing in VR not sure if that matters and is causing some glitch, can some please help.

got back on DCS after several months tried this campaign mission again still the same thing the target never gets into the chopper, I cleared every red target before calling in the chopper, im playing in VR not sure if that matters and is causing some glitch, can some please help.

These days the entire campaign is being reworked and tested for compatibility with 2.5.

I've had some issues with this mission as well, but I will definitely keep a special eye open for the problems you described when I get to testing it.

With 2.5 hopefully not too far away, it makes sense to wait for the new version. TEW campaign will work better in that version than in the old one. And the update (new terrain engine) will be free. :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

OK, I did check. There were a few things wrong with the mission for some reason - Colt 2-1 started in the air but lower than the mountains and got smashed in the first seconds. Also one of the trigger zone names was wrong and you didn't have an option to contact Colt 2-2. Finally, the helo refused to land- this one is on ED I think, but I built a workaround into the mission. Let me know if it works, submitting it to ED and adding it temporarily here to download. Let me know if it works finally & sorry for the problems!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png