When should the wings brake?

razo+r

Does anyone have any information of what the max G load is or when the wings should fall off (without damage)?

Today, I've turned with a mustang at 550 kph, flaps full down, blackout was slowly coming and suddenly, my left wing fell off... So I'm asking myself, does anyone have informations about that? nothing was in the manual...

Strange, i never lost a wing in the FW, unless you go down with 850+ km/h and pull the stick to hard...

But why did you use the flaps? These aren't combat flaps...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Strange, i never lost a wing in the FW, unless you go down with 850+ km/h and pull the stick to hard...

But why did you use the flaps? These aren't combat flaps...

true, those aren't combat flaps, but I use them to keep up turning with the mustangs (and loose speed)

Right—if nothing else, flaps = more lift = more G-forces, at a given speed.

Well, that is what i'm asking for, we kind off now the g limit for the mustang and the spitfire, but since we rarely brake wings in german planes, i'd like to know what the limit would be

Just tested again in SP:

550 kph, full flaps down and a bank like i did and pulled harder on the stick than I did when the wing fell off. Surprisingly, this time, the wing did not fall off, and in outside view, the Gs were at 5.9...

looks like either it's random or like in the F-5, the damage will come after some time...

• 2 weeks later...

Quite normal for a metal structure. The stress level it can withstand depends on other variables like duration, and the dynamics of the stress. So if the stress has an element of vibration or rapid load change, the structure weakens more rapidly.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5