power set lim ??? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 52
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Sized View Post
But is this something that actually happens in the simulator? I've never managed to do any apparent damage to the engines.
I'm pretty sure I once damaged my engines while operating at the limit for too long. However, the actual damage might have come from icing which I failed to detect and counter in time. In any case, I think the engine modelling goes deep enough to account for too much RPM/EGT and have them fail accordingly.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #22
Bersagliere81

Reputation power: 2
Bersagliere81 is on a distinguished road

I don't want to destroy engines. All I was asking for is if there is the possibity to remove such limiter.
Will it ruin the engines (eventually)? Ok let me have a try. Exceeding its limits will make me learn more of it. My wisdom tends to improve after I crash something, it is a reminder to not do that agai

Unfortunately I have no tracks atm, I always played on Blue Flag server. Flights tend to be nearly a hour long
Intel i7-5820k
msi GTX 970
msi X99s SLI plus
16gb RAM
Hotas Warthog
Bersagliere81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #23
Pocket Sized

Reputation power: 8
Pocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nicePocket Sized is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bersagliere81 View Post
I don't want to destroy engines. All I was asking for is if there is the possibity to remove such limiter.
Will it ruin the engines (eventually)? Ok let me have a try. Exceeding its limits will make me learn more of it. My wisdom tends to improve after I crash something, it is a reminder to not do that agai

Unfortunately I have no tracks atm, I always played on Blue Flag server. Flights tend to be nearly a hour long
What he was trying to say is that you don't have to exceed the limits if you fly differently.

Are you familiar with translational lift? Basically, if you want to climb, fly forward at 180kmh or so and you'll get a lot more "bang for your buck" in terms of engine power. Trying to climb vertically puts a huge amount of stress on the engines and results in a rather disappointing climb rate.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.
Pocket Sized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #24
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Reputation power: 64
AlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to behold

130km/hr is the best airspeed for rate of climb in the Ka-50.

If you want to test out more power just for fun, then just turn off the governors, nobody will yell at you if you break something.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:18 PM   #25
lefty1117

Reputation power: 1
lefty1117 is on a distinguished road

Is there a downside to just leaving the anti-dust on all the time?
lefty1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #26
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Reputation power: 64
AlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to beholdAlphaOneSix is a splendid one to behold

It takes power away from the engines to run the dust protectors. Specifically, hot air is tapped from the combustion section of each engine that could otherwise go to powering the free turbine.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:32 PM   #27
Rogue Trooper

Rogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the rough

It depends.
Where and how are you flying. Hot and high perhaps and the kamov will not climb in the hover with a proper full weaponized load?

firstly do you understand how the collective, altitude hold and collective brake works together.... the collective brake is real important as the altitude hold will work against you unless the collective brake is depressed.

Last edited by Rogue Trooper; 04-21-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:55 PM   #28
Rogue Trooper

Rogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the rough

Secondly, The KA-50 is a cracking bit of kit. She is automated to look after you.

It sounds like you desire your objective more than your virtual life, and this I get. medals are given to the ones that push well beyond the limits.
Once the engine LIM (limits) are met the governor cuts off further fuel to the engines to reduce the chances of overheating the engines and ultimately popping an engine and losing everything..... but what the hell does a machine know?

If possible a small circular flight path behind your cover may help you gain height.

Last edited by Rogue Trooper; 04-22-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #29
Rogue Trooper

Thirdly the engine differential control handles may be of help.
but you gotta watch your temps and shed weight fast (release weapon)!
If the engines are getting far too hot, jettison the unguided rockets without a second thought!
Nobody gives medals for bringing home unguided rockets.

If the temps keep rising break off, rotate and accelerate, get cool air through your beautiful engines.

Last edited by Rogue Trooper; 04-22-2017 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:44 AM   #30
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 52
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOneSix View Post
If you want to test out more power just for fun, then just turn off the governors, nobody will yell at you if you break something.
I will! All the way through the Internet he'll hear me yelling and screaming in agony because I care so much about these virtual engines...