ralt and balt

doebro2010

Does someone knows why it is not correctly working?

I level out and try to push the BALT or RALT button in auto.

After diverse times of pushing it sometimes goes on with the two dots.

The same below the 5000 with the Ralt.

As a third same problem is the TDC which I have under the hat function.

Sometimes it works sometimes not.

For the rest I dont have any problems with the F18

v quick answer (this question has come up before)

You need to create a deadspot/zone in your joystick curves. The autopilot is looking for a "nil" input from the joystick (not necessarily level flight - I think - to work)

http://forums.eagle.ru:8080/showthread.php?t=216395

Edited by F1GHTS-ON
hyperlink to better answer provided

Some Joysticks need a little deadzone because the Autopilot will only engage if there is no Joystick input, like F1GHTS-ON said.

If you are in AA mode your Radar DDI is SOI(Sensor Of Interest) and you can move the TDC. But if you are only searching the sky with your Radar without being in the AA mode you have to tell the FA-18 that you are interested in using the Radar TDC by pressing Sensor Select to the right(if your Radar is on the right DDI) or left....you can see a little star/diamond in the upper corner, showing wich DDI is SOI.

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 9 months later...
v quick answer (this question has come up before)

You need to create a deadspot/zone in your joystick curves. The autopilot is looking for a "nil" input from the joystick (not necessarily level flight - I think - to work)

http://forums.eagle.ru:8080/showthread.php?t=216395

Yep. This did it for me. For the past few weeks I've been trying to get the BALT/RALT autopilot functions to operate but didn't get a altitude hold and the colon didn't appear next to the button. No BALT or RALT. It was really starting to annoy me.

Then I read here about the deadspot for the stick. I dialed in a 2 quantity for X, Y and rudder axis but it still wouldn't work. Tried a 10 quantity and it worked! Got my BALT and RALT autopilots back! Since then I have dialed the

deadzone quantity back to 5 and it still activates like it should and I barely notice the deadzone. :clap_2:

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |