Losing lock with the LMAV

sobe

I am trying to figure out how to fire multiple LMAV's in a single pass. I had assumed that when the LMAV locked on to a target that was lased by a JTAC, that you could turn your jet away but still keep the lock. Such does not appear to be the case. When I turn the jet the lock is lost.

So is it possible to fire at multiple targets in one pass with the LMAVs????

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Are you matching laser code to the JTAC laser? Could you post a track?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

1. AGM-65E does not have 360 degree seeker.

2. You need to ask JTAC agian as it lase only one target a time.

3. Wait for IRMAVs or TGT Pod.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

So is it possible to fire at multiple targets in one pass with the LMAVs????

Yes, if you have multiple laser sources with different laser codes, which is not the case in your case.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

ok. thanks to all. My question is answered. The answer is NO for now.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

1. AGM-65E does not have 360 degree seeker.

2. You need to ask JTAC agian as it lase only one target a time.

3. Wait for IRMAVs or TGT Pod.

yup, you can fire multiple lmavs at a single target - jtac will lase til target is destroyed - tried that on the weekend because there was a cloud in the flightpath of lmav no. 1 :doh:. But you need to uncage the seekerhead of the second mav and let that one lock on to the lased target as well before you pickle

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

"you can fire multiple lmavs at a single target" Perhaps I was not clear. I want to fire multiple mavs at multiple targets in one pass like we can do in other jets.

ok. thanks to all. My question is answered. The answer is NO for now.

The answer is yes, but you need multiple laser sources with different laser codes to do that. But this is already possible.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So if you only have one JTAC with one laser, the answer would be no.

Use the CTLD script for MIST.

You can set Auto lase and put in (2) different JTACS's. I had 2 on a Map with 1688, and 1670. was able to ripple off 2 mavs to 2 different targets on one pass.

death star trench run style mission with 2 technicals at the end.

I tried to do (4) but could only get 3 laser codes into memory on the LMAV screen also had trouble getting the 3rd mav to lock. (Could of been user issue) when I had 3 different codes.

Yes its possible. Be sure to use the hpriority trick on CTLD if you use it so you can lase who you want.

Mist and CTLD may be the answer, but not for me at this time. I think Mist and CTLD are beyond my skill set. If your miz can be posted for my use, please do so.

Thanks for your response.

Im at work now (lol).

but I will make a quick mission with CTLD and 2 different laser codes this evening.

I will post it up with no mods so it can be ran with standard 2.5.

I use the Beta so you will need to be on that for the MIZ to work.

Drippy.

thanks for do this. I appreciate it as I tried several different methods to do it with no success. I guess I was to used to BMS.

You can fire multiple Laser mavericks at different targets in other games Form one aircraft with one laser source?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

From the A1-AV8BB-TAC-000, page 2-163, paragraph 2.15.1.1

The missile requires continuous

laser designation of the target from missile

seeker acquisition until weapon impact.

To whom it may concern,

Go to 104th server when SandStorm mission on rotation. They have 4 JTACs activated with different code from 1681 to 1684 and all you have to do is set the laser code for each missile to match the JTAC code. There you go, one pass haul ass

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Go to 104th server when SandStorm mission on rotation. They have 4 JTACs activated with different code from 1681 to 1684 and all you have to do is set the laser code for each missile to match the JTAC code. There you go, one pass haul ass

One pass and haul ass is good for our health. :)

Buzz

Downloaded a f18 jtac mission from ED and i fired all 4 Mav E in one pass with the same laser code about 3 seconds apart, there was 4 targets and after each one was destroyed JTAC called "SWITCH" and lased the next target automatically and all 4 targets were killed.

Here is a quick mission with (2) different laser codes.

1688 and 1670.

I believe when you open the mission the scripts are included. They are in the Miz file.

I have never uploaded any MIZ's before.

There are 2 separate JTACS both lasing 2 BTR's.

You can allways open the miz in the editor and see how the script was done.

Just made and checked this mission. I did 2 run ins with 2 mavs each time.

You start out about 20miles from the TGT. you need to enter the codes for all FOUR AGM's IE: 2 @ 1688 and 2 @ 1670. you might wanna make sure to get the codes set up so you have 2ea of the codes on each wing so when you fire 2 its still symmetrical.

Scripts are NOT MINE. they are the Mist Script and the CTLD script.

test.miz

Doesn't the JTAC "Shift" comm tell the jtac to move the laser to the next target once the first one has been destroyed? If you fired your mav's approximately 10secs apart the second missile would have time to change course to the new target (if it was close enough)

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Drippy

On the second attempt, I got all 4 targets on the X. However, I do have a question. I fired all 4 missiles about 2 seconds apart. How come I did not have to wait for the first target to be destroyed on code 1688 before I could lock up the other code 1688 target? The same for code 1670. I wonder if the JTAC automatically shifted targets after the first one was destroyed.

PS I never located the surprise bogey.

spike2450

"Downloaded a f18 jtac mission from ED and i fired all 4 Mav E in one pass with the same laser code about 3 seconds apart, there was 4 targets and after each one was destroyed JTAC called "SWITCH" and lased the next target automatically and all 4 targets were killed."

spike I could not get the JTAC to call switch by itself. which mission did you download?