Downloading User File Missions

Heater741

Hey guys,

So I'd like to download and play missions / campaigns created by other users, but I'm certainly not a "computer guy". This is how dumb I am: I clicked the Download button, opened DCS and expected the new mission to be there. Clearly I've missed a few steps.

After you're done laughing, can you please help me download and play some user content? Thanks!

... I clicked the Download button, opened DCS and expected the new mission to be there. Clearly I've missed a few steps.

When you click "download", your internet browser should ask where you want to put the file ... if you place it within /saved games/DCSxxx/Missions/ you will be able to see the mission on "My Missions", like this:

4hxrDAB.jpg

If you download too many missions, within the "Missions" folder you can design a folder structure to impart a bit of order .. on my case I have one folder for each map, and within that I have two folders: For multiplayer missions, and for Single player.

Also, I've found useful to have, for SP, a separate folder according to what is the primary player aircraft, like this:

QDHbguf.jpg

Best regards and welcome.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hey guys,

So I'd like to download and play missions / campaigns created by other users, but I'm certainly not a "computer guy". This is how dumb I am: I clicked the Download button, opened DCS and expected the new mission to be there. Clearly I've missed a few steps.

After you're done laughing, can you please help me download and play some user content? Thanks!

Get the file from the folder your browser downloaded it, copy and paste it into your X:\your_user\Saved_Games\DCS\Missions

Most likely the mission file will be a .miz archive, so if you have troubles finding the correct folders, make a search using Windows tool ;)

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle