Trim no longer working for me.

SnowTiger

I dealt with the "stick movement" by adjusting the Saturation.

Everyone keeps comparing the Gazelles Cyclic with other helicopters and in my opinion that is mistake. Not all helicopters require 8" to 12" of stick deflection.

I recommend that people interested in the Gazelle should watch the series called "Flying Soldiers" about British Soldiers learning to fly the Gazelle (in the real world).

Episodes 2 and 3 especially show a lot of footage during which you can see the deflection of the stick rarely ever exceeds or even gets close to an Inch from Center Point. In fact, it's likely closer to half that for normal flight. It is a very fine-controlled Cyclic.

There is no need to throw the stick all over the place even during erratic flight.

The implementation of the Gazelle in DCS may well not be that realistic with regards to the flight model, but please take a look at episodes 2 and 3 of Flying Soldiers and you will see that the Cyclic barely moves during most flight. It's Not a Huey.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Grim Reapers did an interesting youtube vid about taming the joystick response to what he felt was more realistic, with a 25 curve and saturation down to 50%. Ive left mine at about 70% but Im still utterly confused about trim actuator, trimmer, magnetic brake, autopilot alt and speed hold as I dont know if these conflict with or augment eachother, and they never seem to work consistently, though trim reset before activiating autopilot seemed to help a little.

In DCS the Gazelle is far far away from being equal to this stick deflections and control behaviour:

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules