Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two question.

It Is planned for the future that the Mi-8 carry the internal fuel tank?

If the first is possible, is capable the Mi-8 with this internal fuel tank supply fuel to another unit (I guess should carry also a fuel pump to do this job)???

Probably this addon become the most useful. If I get bingo fuel and not possible reach the base I land on road and one Mi-8 can supply the fuel to get the base (landing 100 m from my airplane)

Here a photos examples:

76264872955c6f7128ab00d95e6b998c_zpswaayhcdv.jpg

10c97c96f289f6d850c7be79e1a59bef_zpsnlutnhba.jpg

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The KA50 can fit them, I see no objection to the MI8 fitting them as well. That is, if it's coded in the MI8 to start with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

With internal fuel tanks you can remain in battlefield with your weapons payload pylons. After supply the unit with fuel on road you can stay in combat. With the external fuel tank is not possible that cuz you are using the pylons for the fuel tank

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah the big question is if we will see any of the additions and fixes posted in this thread in DCS World 1.5

I cross my fingers !

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

We use the internal auxiliary fuel tanks fairly often, and sometimes we just leave them in for extended periods of time if we think we're going to need them and not need a lot of cargo/passenger space. An extra internal tank adds about an hour of flight time to the aircraft. It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure that it's something that would be used with a lot of regularity. I mean, sure some people enjoy four-hour long missions without refueling, but I think that's a minority, and it is quite heavy.

We use the internal auxiliary fuel tanks fairly often, and sometimes we just leave them in for extended periods of time if we think we're going to need them and not need a lot of cargo/passenger space. An extra internal tank adds about an hour of flight time to the aircraft. It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure that it's something that would be used with a lot of regularity. I mean, sure some people enjoy four-hour long missions without refueling, but I think that's a minority, and it is quite heavy.

Hello,

And the externs ?

hey mate thank for your answer. It is normal don't use the internal fuel tank in real life at peace time. The problem is when we go into combat with a fixed wing unit, in some situation is really difficult do RTB in bingo fuel. In MP some times we have to land on road because fuel is over and when we landed on road and we try to get a new aircraft to go into combat again we get a death plus, this is unfair because we still remain alive. The Mi-8 could help us in this...

Q: The Mi-8 can supply fuel if carry internal fuel tank with a fuel pump??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Q: The Mi-8 can supply fuel if carry internal fuel tank with a fuel pump??

If a fuel pump was implemented somehow, you could supply fuel even without an internal fuel tank. I don't see how the two are related, other than the fact that having an internal fuel tank give you a lot more fuel. But that seems to imply that the "fat cow" aircraft (the one with all the extra fuel) is just going to park somewhere and not be part of the action, but instead just waiting for other aircraft to come by and give them fuel, sort of like a mobile FARP.

If a fuel pump was implemented somehow, you could supply fuel even without an internal fuel tank. I don't see how the two are related, other than the fact that having an internal fuel tank give you a lot more fuel. .

The point is an internal fuel tank is better for performance flight and allow use the external pylon for rockets etc, just in case of emergency defense at the moment of logistic support...

But that seems to imply that the "fat cow" aircraft (the one with all the extra fuel) is just going to park somewhere and not be part of the action, but instead just waiting for other aircraft to come by and give them fuel, sort of like a mobile FARP.

Well this two fuel tanks could be in the rearm menu in game, so we can do a logistic support task whenever is needed. I think the Mi-8 is a multitask chooper.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The point is an internal fuel tank is better for performance flight and allow use the external pylon for rockets etc, just in case of emergency defense at the moment of logistic support...

Be careful to respect your MTOW :thumbup:

• Like 1

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

• 2 months later...

better than nothing. no news for uh-1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5