MiG-29S RADAR RANGE Bug Report - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #31
Satarosa

MiG-29S has N019M and the MiG-29SE has the N019ME. N019ME is the slightly downgraded export variant of N019M. Do not confuse with that !

MiG-29A (Soviet Union/Russia) - N019 Sapfir
MiG-29B (Poland etc..) - N019EA Sapfir
MiG-29B (India etc..) - N019EB Sapfir
MiG-29B (India, Bangladesh) - N019ME Topaz
MiG-29SE (Peru) - N019ME Topaz
MiG-29S (Russia) - N019M Topaz
MiG-29K (India) - Zhuk ME
MiG-29M/M2 (Syria) - Zhuk ME
MiG-29SMT/UPG (India) - Zhuk ME
MiG-29K (Russia) - Zhuk M

and

"Maximum error in measurement of range with tracking in DRB mode ≤0.2 km
Maximum error in measurement of range in BMB (close combat mode) ≤0.05 km.
Maximum error in measurement of speed when tracked in DRB and BMB modes ≤ 10 m / s.
Maximum error in determination of direction when tracked in DRB and BMB modes ≤0.25 °"

Can confirm with reference 4 sq M (fighter size) is ~90km max detection range...
Satarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #32
Satarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
No. IN GAME is ~80km for F-15 hot. Just doublechecked this morning. Not 70.

IN REAL somewhere between 80-120. Take your pick. It depends on the source, Russian or otherwise.

I didn't test since last update, I'll..
Satarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #33
Alfa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satarosa View Post
MiG-29S has N019M and the MiG-29SE has the N019ME. N019ME is the slightly downgraded export variant of N019M. Do not confuse with that !
There is no really reliable information on the N019M performance(domestic or export) - only vague claims that its a bit better than the original N019 and has improved ECCM - supposedly in connection with the application of a more powerful data processor. But this is down to nitty-gritty stuff like improved signal to noise resolution - the basics of the radar(antenna type, -size and emitter output) remains the same.

So its understandable if ED doesn't rush out and change the radar performance of the MiG-29S based on what someone says on the interweb .

Quote:
MiG-29A (Soviet Union/Russia) - N019 Sapfir
MiG-29B (Poland etc..) - N019EA Sapfir
MiG-29B (India etc..) - N019EB Sapfir
MiG-29B (India, Bangladesh) - N019ME Topaz
MiG-29SE (Peru) - N019ME Topaz
MiG-29S (Russia) - N019M Topaz
MiG-29K (India) - Zhuk ME
MiG-29M/M2 (Syria) - Zhuk ME
MiG-29SMT/UPG (India) - Zhuk ME
MiG-29K (Russia) - Zhuk M
The N019 is called "Rubin" - the "Sapfir" name was assigned to the N003 radar(for the MiG-23).

Poland does not have any MiG-29Bs - the MiG-29s they operate are a mix of aircraft they bought directly from the Soviet Union(initial ones), some they got later from the Czech Republic(in a swap deal involving Polish-built helicopters) and finally the MiG-29Gs they got from Germany....all of the Warsaw Pact 9.12A export variant(thus have the same radar).

The Zhuk radars are irrelevant to the topic - they are of a completely different(more advanced) design.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #34
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa View Post
There is no really reliable information on the N019M performance(domestic or export) - only vague claims that its a bit better than the original N019 and has improved ECCM - supposedly in connection with the application of a more powerful data processor. But this is down to nitty-gritty stuff like improved signal to noise resolution - the basics of the radar(antenna type, -size and emitter output) remains the same.
They did remain the same, but AFAIK the improved processing could extend the range at which the contacts of a certain size are detected and locked on.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are absolutely useless. Just passing time till DCS: F-14..

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #35
Alfa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudikoff View Post
They did remain the same, but AFAIK the improved processing could extend the range at which the contacts of a certain size are detected and locked on.
Thats what I said mate
Old 11-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #36
JunMcKill

I agree with Ironhand, I think it's fair as ED simulated the MIG-29S radar, an average between the different sources, and at the same time, better than the A and G models.
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #37
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satarosa View Post
I didn't test since last update, I'll..
Nothing changed with the last update that I've noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunMcKill View Post
I agree with Ironhand, I think it's fair as ED simulated the MIG-29S radar, an average between the different sources, and at the same time, better than the A and G models.
But that's a part of the issue and, perhaps, the more pertinent issue. Max range for all three models--well, the A and S, anyway, I haven't actually tested the G--is the same. Of course, there are other differences modeled between the S's and A's radars but range isn't one of them.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:42 AM   #38
FoxAlfa

Talking about MiG-29 radar, did anybody noticed a drop in performance since the last patch or it is just me?

I am having great difficulty tracking especially front aspect A-10c and Harriers... It could be it's just my mind playing tricks but since the last patch, I can't get a lock on any sensor when coming against a head-on low flying target (even dought I am lower and both of us are feet wet with no clutter).

The scenery is the same, I pick up at 30-45km ППС mod, snap the СНП pointer at the target, the target disappears and it can't be picked up again

In the end, it finishes as a game of chicken with me firing the missiles in ФИО mod since both the radar and the EO can't pick it up even dought I am pointing straight at it and are only a few km away.

Anyone else having this issue?
FoxAlfa is offline   Reply With Quote