Joy to Key or Xpadder for "button release"?

I hate the TARGET software for so many reasons... I've spent 7 hours straight trying to find another piece of software that I can use instead. Then I remembered how much I liked using Joy to Key back in the day. So I fired it up... but the crucial function I need to map for my Warthog's 3-way switches is the "button release" function. Much to my surprised I couldn't find a way to set a "on button release" function.

So I went to Xpadder... same problem. Not anywhere was I able to find a "button up" option.

Am I just stuck with TARGET? Or am I missing something simple?

Thanks in advance, guys.

The 3rd part keymaper software that have "Mapped key on Press" and "Mapped key on release" is:

SVMapper

Hidmacros

JoyTokey and Xpadder no.

Keep in mind that all, but Hiddmacros (C++?), dont support advanced macros, just the basic Windows modifiers plus button.

Most are created to allow program console gamepad (few buttons) on Windows.

Sokol1

"Thats a real Problem . I found also no tool/prog to Map the off positions.

So i have to stick with the lua editing ... Works like charm but Takes some Time to Set up."

Thanks for the response. I was reluctant to to try the lua editing, because I thought it would be such a pain if I wanted make changes later on. Do you happen to have a goodlua editing tutorial?

Thank you!

The 3rd part keymaper software that have "Mapped key on Press" and "Mapped key on release" is:

SVMapper

Hidmacros

JoyTokey and Xpadder no.

Keep in mind that all, but Hiddmacros (C++?), dont support advanced macros, just the basic Windows modifiers plus button.

Most are created to allow program console gamepad (few buttons) on Windows.

Sokol1

While I can't figure out how to CLEAR an entry for a button, SVMapper is going to work for me! I'm able to map all my presses and releases! So strange that a near-perfect piece of software would be hindered by the fact that you can't clear an input!!

Thanks again!

...how to CLEAR an entry for a button
Put 0 (zero) on REPEAT fields - left and right - until you dont remapping the button used for another key press.

Or - not practical - delete the input for joystick Button# in "Name of profile.ini" in SVMapper folder, e.g.

[Joystick0\Button7]

OnDownCount=1

OnDown=34

OnDownRepeat=1

OnUpCount=1

OnUp=34

OnUpRepeat=1

Description=Toggle Landing Gear

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1_br

Put 0 (zero) on REPEAT fields - left and right - until you dont remapping the button used for another key press.

Or - not practical - delete the input for joystick Button# in "Name of profile.ini" in SVMapper folder, e.g.

Sokol1

Thanks! That'll work!

• 3 years later...

Fwiw I can confirm that xpadder now supports actions on "button up", at least in the current version (from May 2017 I believe). It's a bit tricky to find, somewhere under the "advanced" section of a button assignment, but it's working well. I used this to simulate a keyboard key press for each neutral position of the warthogs throttle switches, so I can easily map them in DCS without ever installing TARGET.