Aircraft Specific Languages

Northstar98

Hi Guys,

A small request, is it possible to implement cockpit languages to be aircraft specific for example - the Su-25T has a Russian cockpit, in my opinion it would be better to have a Russian everything instead of just having an english HUD and warning system. However I don't want to set everything to be Russian only a select few.

Your probably asking why would you want some aircraft to have Russian warning systems and then others to be in English and so forth. The reason is because some aircraft - like the Ka-50 have an English cockpit where everything (near enough) is in english this is perfect and can be left like it is. However for some aircraft it's a mixed language - in for example the FC3 aircraft and the Su-25T the cockpits are in Russian, but it's broken up by english warning systems and English HUDs (where applicable obviously).

I think it would be a better idea to have a cockpit language select for each individual aircraft instead or as well as a general language setting.

Cheers,

Ollie

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

It's just speculation on my part but they added the drop down in the UI for changing languages for each aircraft. So maybe they're planning on doing an English cockpit variation for the Su-25T at some point and for the other FC3 aircraft as well.

There is a mod for the Su-25T that changes most of the cockpit to English by Devrim here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/722567/

I mentioned to him that some of the instruments and labels are still in Russian and he said he didn't have enough info to do everything. This was released back in July. It's an excellent mod and does enough to make the T very easy to operate and it does work with 1.5. I would recommend making a backup of your original textures file first or use the mod enabler.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's just speculation on my part but they added the drop down in the UI for changing languages for each aircraft. So maybe they're planning on doing an English cockpit variation for the Su-25T at some point and for the other FC3 aircraft as well...

Yeah I noticed that too :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

English Cockpit Languages

Please repair option to have cockpit labels in English. If that what is intended by present option, in DCS World 1.5.2 and DCS World 2.0 Beta, then it is not working for me. I don't want to have to memorize switch labels in Russian. I enjoy the simulation, but not that much!!