360 degrees real UH-1H flight video BlackSharkDen

BaD CrC

Hi guys,

Our annual Back Shark Den meeting 2018 was held near Hampton GA, at the Army Aviation Heritage foundation on Henry country airport. We rent a 1968 Huey UH-1H for a spin. It was a complete blast! Our pilot was a Vietnam veteran with a lot of combat experience and we spent the entire day, along with all the really kind volunteers at AAHF asking all the questions we ever wanted to ask to real life Huey pilots.

The first video of this meeting is a 360 degrees one shot on a GoPro fusion we installed inside the cockpit. Check out the full startup procedure and the flow that goes with it. Real pro stuff. Also, our pilots were kind enough to demonstrate all the questions we had about the Huey: EGT, OGE, IGE, ETL, pattern... It was just awesome. Many more videos to come of the unforgettablel day with AAHF.

Edited by BaD CrC

I’m in the USA and when I click on the video get that the video contains wmg who blocked on copyright grounds

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

The view is wierd imagin if you were sitting like that in r/l facing each other

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

That was the best weekend I've had in a long time. I got to meet the guys I've been flying with for years and got to ride in a Huey. The people at AAHF were just amazing. They spent most of Saturday with us, letting us climb all through the Huey and the Cobras. Great day with good friends!

Edited by 20thBG_Blackwolf
typo

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

great video thank you so much!

his huey looks much more submissive than our dcs one.

our huey flies on its own :D

Edited by ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It was definitely steadier and smoother, I can say that.

It was also faster as well. Even with nine people in it.

We didn't fly in them (yet) but they have THREE AH-1S Cobras there.

With this coming out in DCS, a trip to AAHF becomes even more compelling.

They were also very interested in DCS and will probably be setting up a simulator there. They asked us a lot of questions as well.

If you are into these aircraft and not too far away it would be stupid not to come visit this fantastic place. If you are into the aircraft and ask a lot of technical questions, they will start talking and will keep going until long after you are out of the driveway.

Buy a Tee shirt or a Hat and help keep these historic and awesome aircraft flying. On the maintenance side they had a Huey and a Cobra getting rebuilt/worked on.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

i hope we will get a huey flies like this eventually.

look at his approach and taxi!

if i take my hands off the stick for a second, my huey tries to make an immelman manuever lol

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

i hope we will get a huey flies like this eventually.

look at his approach and taxi!

if i take my hands off the stick for a second, my huey tries to make an immelman manuever lol

Keep in mind these guys have thousands of hours in the Huey and as former combat aviators flying was the easiest part of the job. Also they kept the force trim off so they never took their hands off the controls if they would have it probably would have tried doing an Immelmann as you described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

i have a few hundered hours with dcs uh-1 but nothing changed after a point. it still over reacts

Youtube

While we were talking to the pilots and mechanics, they confirmed the cyclic to be extremely sensitive. As they said, "if you think about turning, you already did".

I am putting together all the videos of the discussions we had with those guys. It's a bit long, but there are tons of info to get.

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa! Thanks, great video... look forward to see more if possible...!

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5