DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

I have the feeling that this new Flying Iron Simulation will surprise us for quality and completeness, something similar to heatblur.

I REALLY hope you are right. And I hope they release it fairly complete too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This plane's payload is huge, fly Low hit Hard! A photo from NATO tigers meeting ...a true tiger[/img]

Yup. 30x Mk82 ought to get any CCIP fans heart racing :wub:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

All fine and dandy, two brothers working together, one a 3d artist and the other a sound developer... Pretty good for asthetics, but.... What about the systems and flight model? We are talking DCS hereand visuals and sound is nice, but that surely isn't the main thing about DCS

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

so they will have time to finish the harrier and the mig19 :lol:

So they can then move onto mig23mla, f15e, and mirage 3, and Falklands.

Not a huge workload but should be just enough for them to keep them busy if their list of potential aircraft has the a7 removed? :D

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yup. 30x Mk82 ought to get any CCIP fans heart racing :wub:.

Pretty nice.

Although to top that off If they do a late enough model a7e should have an option to mount a lana targeting pod. Deliveries started in 79.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

All fine and dandy, two brothers working together, one a 3d artist and the other a sound developer... Pretty good for asthetics, but.... What about the systems and flight model? We are talking DCS hereand visuals and sound is nice, but that surely isn't the main thing about DCS

Can we at least let them get the model into early access before we start speculating about how terrible they are at their jobs?

Can we at least let them get the model into early access before we start speculating about how terrible they are at their jobs?

+1.

Was thinking exactly the same thing.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Great news. So that should be the eagerly awaited aircraft ED mentioned on the newsletters.

not quite. ED wasnt announcing third party projects, only their own work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

My top concern for any 3rd party dev is that systems coding and FM are in good hands. Deka turned out to be great in that regard and im willing to give these guys a chance.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I was a tester for their Spitfire MK9 in X-Planes 11. They very much want their airplanes to be perfect, so it will be a good one.

This brings up hopes. The big advantage also will be that we'll see it much earlier. RAZBAM has lots in their line and lots of that is just fixes and completion of already released products. And it's always great to see another 3rd party dev who knows to deliver quality, just like Deka when they came up with their Jiffypop.

Yup. 30x Mk82 ought to get any CCIP fans heart racing wub.gif.

That's just six less than on the A-6E. But then again, you still have a nice gun with one kay of ammo for a good strafing run or two... and even some Winders. If something tries to jump at you, you might have a chance to defend yourself. In the A-6 you'd be dead right away.

Great news. So that should be the eagerly awaited aircraft ED mentioned on the newsletters.

I don't think so... ED is going to announce one of their projects.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'm asking for those of us without any connection to this airframe already, what can you tell me about it that would get me excited about trying it out?

It can SEAD, nuke and kill tanks with Mavs... quite a punch for 80's I'd say. I actually like her looks and it fits in my memory of US CV boards.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I welcome any new dev to DCS, great news!

But I do wonder what the deal is with RAZBAM. I suppose RAZBAM had it on its personal roadmap and announced it as something for the far future (I mean their roadmap is pretty full already), but FlyingIron basically called dibs on it with ED?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Not too far in the future, we'll have the following:

- F-14A

- KA-6D

- Forrestal-class CVs

- A-7E

Is it just me, or are we assembling a full-scale 1980s air wing here???

And also 1970s. Or Vietnam.

Technically even Tomcat is a Vietnam plane, small number of first operational F-14A conducted patrol missions over Vietnam during last weeks of war.

It can SEAD, nuke and kill tanks with Mavs... quite a punch for 80's I'd say. I actually like her looks and it fits in my memory of US CV boards.

Just a small correction, while the USAF A-7D did carry Mavs, the USN A-7E didn't. Basically the Corsair was phased out before the Navy started to use Mavericks (in the 90s).

Pretty nice.

Although to top that off If they do a late enough model a7e should have an option to mount a lana targeting pod. Deliveries started in 87.

Actually, the AN/AAR-45 LANA FLIR-pod was already introduced in 1978. It was probably the first aircraft to have a FLIR image projected to the HUD.