[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

Hello, I don't change registry keys.

I think it is directly related with the process of mission generation and play it. Something has change in DCS config. Now I can't choose the slot to fly. No matter the mission, campaign or not campaign. You change sobre files in save games directory??? It's so strange. It starts when I finish a mission in the camping without flying it and accept the results. This mission have a lot of AC in the SuperCarrier spanning at the same time. 10 AC. I choose 1 slot to fly. 1 for F14 inside the campaign app. Press take off and a window appear waiting the results.

I go to DCS, with the mission editor load the mission generated and press fly.

Then the mission start in external view. ...-+€€#_+ WTF, where is the menu where I choose the F14? No matters, restart,... Same thing. WTF!!

Just try MP mission, something is messing with the radios, I can't use it!!!

Let's try some SP mission to check the radios, WTF, I can't choose the slot. Missions like Round Table. Then I generate ones from editor. 3 AC, 3 clients, press fly and where is the window where I choose the AC???

Can you tell me if there is something I can restore in DCS directory or in save game dir??

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

It seems that after 3 cleanings everything has returned to normal. Another unsolved X-file. Case closed.

Thank you very much for the help.

This campaign is great. To test the new version.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

I seem to be having a problem with the new version. The mission file for DCS isn't being created and with I click Fly Now nothing seems to happen whereas RC9 had a screen pop up for starting the mission. I checked the preferences and everything points to the right folders it asks for. Was there an installation step I missed? :(

DCS.Liberation.2.0.10 work like a charm. Very good staff and new UI, so Harriers take off without problems from the SC :thumbup: . 10 planes at the same minute and no collision.

So take all the install steps and execute de exe with admin rights.:book:

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for all the hard work Khopa. I backed up and saved my liberation_save RC9 file and then downloaded .10 and tried to place the old saved RC9 saved file back into my User/Saved Games folder, but it does not see the .liberation file. How do I continue my rc9 campaign in .10?

Thanks for all the hard work Khopa. I backed up and saved my liberation_save RC9 file and then downloaded .10 and tried to place the old saved RC9 saved file back into my User/Saved Games folder, but it does not see the .liberation file. How do I continue my rc9 campaign in .10?

Thanks, sorry i forgot to mention that here, but RC9 save files are not compatible with 2.0.10. :(

You will have to finish your campaign running the RC9 version or start a new one in 2.0.10

DCS.Liberation.2.0.10 work like a charm. Very good staff and new UI, so Harriers take off without problems from the SC

Happy to hear that and to see that you have resolved the issues. Have fun ! :thumbup:

Thanks, sorry i forgot to mention that here, but RC9 save files are not compatible with 2.0.10. :(

You will have to finish your campaign running the RC9 version or start a new one in 2.0.10

Happy to hear that and to see that you have resolved the issues. Have fun ! :thumbup:

NP - I was losing anyways, lol.

Is there a place to donate for this amazing work?

DCS.Liberation.2.0.10 work like a charm. Very good staff and new UI, so Harriers take off without problems from the SC :thumbup: . 10 planes at the same minute and no collision.

So take all the install steps and execute de exe with admin rights.:book:

Well sadly not for me. Unless there was something other than the steps that come up after running "liberation_main.exe" I have done everything and it is run as administrator just as RC9 was. New UI is great but with not being able to actually fly missions it is offset :(

EDIT: Very odd thing, the original save I created will not allow a mission to be flown but creating a new campaign does work. If it happens again I'll try and see if I can find any patter or reason the save would fail.

EDIT2: OK some campaign settings cause the failure. Using all default settings as a control test everything worked fine. However, setting up a campaign with USA 1990 vs Libya 2011 force models using the Persian Gulf - Emirates map with a start time of Winter 1985 caused the failure. And yes, I do have the Persian Gulf map :)

EDIT3: Further testing it seems it is the Libya 2011 forces selection that is causing the problem. All other settings the same but changing opposing forces from Libya 2011 to Russia 1990 works.

Edited by JeffreyC
update info

Hey Kohpa,

I'm really enjoying the new release. I've got two items for you.

1. For PG - Iran Invasion I've got both US tankers being created in the ME with Tacans of 98X. The briefing is showing them as expecting to be 60X and 61X.

2. The Iran force is spawning the Hawk battery with a single Vulcan unit. However, the default Iranian army in DCS does not have the Vulcan in it's unit list.

Truly amazing work Khopa! Thank you very much! This dynamic campaign generator finally makes the single player experience meaningful. I am so glad you picked this project up. I did not buy the Hornet and Supercarrier for nothing. All the practice I have been doing since spring, can now finally pay off in an unpredictable combat environment. The new version is pretty sleek.

I have one issue though, which I reported on GitHub. I suppose this has more to do with DCS AI, but if you could find a workaround, or someone can suggest one, it would be great.

AI flights run out of fuel, because they use afterburner excessively, completely ignore their fuel levels, plus they never give up fighting. They run dry, then they just crash, pilots do not even bother to eject. Few of the sorties manage to RTB. Most annoying thing is, when they make it back to the airbase, but run out just before they are about to land.

This way it is impossible to accumulate aircraft, I try to mitigate the losses by manually adding the aircraft that crashed, because of sheer stupidity, in the mission editor, until I have enough cash to buy them back in the Liberation engine. This, however, kinda feels like cheating.

Edited by BigBoss_329

yep thx for the update and work, one issue is that after choosing blue modern v iran 2015 war, after taking off the carrier i always get the sam warning sound from the ew although there is no sam light showing that there is a sam being launced. Although i see the 49 with the line underneath and the dashed line showing to the 49 in harm sp in the hud view and done think there will be a sam with in the carrier position to fire against me any way. Anyway continued on with the sound on and after awhile had to turn off the ew since it was getting annoying :) After i got awy from the carrier and half way thru the mission turned it back on and everything seemed to be normal again. Might try another faction to fight to see if it happens again

Can anyone breakdown how to run Liberation Multiplayer? Friend runs a dedicated server. If he is hosting, does he run Liberation, generate the mission, open it in ME, then just host that mission? is there a way for us both to be looking at the same instance within the liberation GUI? Does he just have to talk me through whats happening on discord, he buys all the units at bases, and we decide what mission we want to fly?

Thank you!

Khopa - great work and its tons of fun.

One thing that I can report is that the PG 'Invasion of Iran' severely taxes my gaming rig. Caucasus and NTTR run butter smooth. Zero issues.

One thing that baffles me is why AWACS and the tankers fly right over enemy territory or troops. Luckily they don't get shotdown but I cannot use the tankers unfortunately.

Keep up the great work and seriously consider a Patreon page. You deserve the support.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

Can anyone breakdown how to run Liberation Multiplayer? Friend runs a dedicated server. If he is hosting, does he run Liberation, generate the mission, open it in ME, then just host that mission? is there a way for us both to be looking at the same instance within the liberation GUI? Does he just have to talk me through whats happening on discord, he buys all the units at bases, and we decide what mission we want to fly?

Thank you!

In DCS, open the Mission Editor, and load the file : liberation_nextturn Click on File/Save. Then exit the mission editor, and go to Multiplayer.

Then host a server with the mission, and tell your friends to join !

(The step in the mission editor is important, and fix a game breaking bug.)

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

In DCS, open the Mission Editor, and load the file : liberation_nextturn Click on File/Save. Then exit the mission editor, and go to Multiplayer.

Then host a server with the mission, and tell your friends to join !

(The step in the mission editor is important, and fix a game breaking bug.)

Cool thank you! We got it up and running in the Persian Gulf, but my friend whos hosting is only getting like 5-20 fps, while I am at 50. So we're still messing with settings to smooth it out for him.

Cool thank you! We got it up and running in the Persian Gulf, but my friend whos hosting is only getting like 5-20 fps, while I am at 50. So we're still messing with settings to smooth it out for him.

I have issues running Liberation 2.0 on the PG map just in SP...can become a slide show. Caucasus and NTTR are super smooth - no issues for me even when hosting one or two buddies.

Has to be something with the map itself...

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

Hello Khopa, thank you very much for this wonderful dynamic campaign. It is only through this campaign that DSC becomes the game that I have always wanted.

I have a little request. Could you configure it so that you can fly all types of aircraft with the faction "USA Aggressors 2005"? My friend and I would like to start a coop campaign. He likes more Eastern European planes like the MiG-29 (A and S), the J-11A and the AJS-37 Viggen, I fly the F / A-18, F-16 and F-14. It would be really great if we could fly together with these minor changes :-).

Edited by pikas

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

Hi Pikas.

I haven't flown for the year, but I know in the old version of this FANTASTIC campaign allowed you to open missions in the editor beofre flying. Using this, could you or your friend edit a flight to have his aircraft instead of the default. I know it's a work-around, but......:music_whistling:

Hi MrReynolds. Thanks a lot for the hint :thumbup:!

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

Is there a way to run this on both simultaneously if I have Stable and Open Beta installed? Right now I have it set up for Stable because my cousin and I fly there due to his inability to download updates regularly. But when we are not flying multiplayer, I get on Open Beta and would love to have my own campaign running over there without overwriting what we do in Stable.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It is independent from DCS so you can have one campaign with your friend, save it with a recognizable name, and create another one for you to play alone and in OB. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

EDIT: the only thing if you play this both in stable and beta is that you need to change the game directory in the settings each time so that the script to get the mission results work. Another way would be to just have two installs of Liberation, one for your stable (to play with your mate) and another one for beta (for solo). This way you just need to make recognizable shortcuts (like “Liberation OB”) and not worry about changing settings each time.

Edited by Qiou87

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals