[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

ahhh yes, the unintelligent artificial intelligence!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Setting restricted afterburner use in the mission editor seems to help some. It might be my imagination but I'm pretty sure they use AB less with this on. You can find it under advanced waypoint actions. Click add, and select set options. If you set it on waypoint 0 it should remain in effect for all additional waypoints unless you later set it to off. I think it's supposed to restrict but not eliminate afterburner use.

Khopa could potentially set the mission to spawn with this on by default and maybe EPLRS for Aircraft like the F-18 while he's at it :)

Also, it's always a good idea to load up on the external tanks for AI wingmen.

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

Crash after finished mission

I started a campaign with version 2.0 of Liberation, but after finishing a mission I get this error.

Did I do something wrong? It seems to not be able to write, do I have to start it with administration rights?

dcs_lib.png.53ca93fa8b90fa93d0c0960964bab7c0.png

------=:: I FLY BLEIFREI ::=------

I started a campaign with version 2.0 of Liberation, but after finishing a mission I get this error.

Did I do something wrong? It seems to not be able to write, do I have to start it with administration rights?

Run Liberation_main.exe as admin and ensure that your DCS path is correct in settings

Hi guys, I just started playing with Liberation 2.0 and so far having a blast. However in my last mission the monitoring thing remained at Mission Is Being Played even after I finished and the accept button never came up. Does anyone know of a workaround to force it should it happen again or something?

Welcome to the forum Zorg_2044

It seems that some players had the same problem when flying the mission for a long time (I don't know how long that is)

Might wanna check out this post: https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/issues/32

Personally never had this issue and I did do some long sessions

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Welcome to the forum Zorg_2044

It seems that some players had the same problem when flying the mission for a long time (I don't know how long that is)

Might wanna check out this post: https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/issues/32

Personally never had this issue and I did do some long sessions

Thanks for the welcome! It was a relatively short mission of around 45 minutes for me. I replayed it and it was fine. I guess I'll post a log on the github (after finding out where it resides) if it happens again.

I've been enjoying Liberation for a few days now and i must say it's a game changer for sure. Thanks for the hard work to all involved.

Playing as tactical commander I have been observing some AI behaviour on the generated missions that stood out to me. I don't know if this is just DCS shenanigans or if it is mission related so i'll post it here instead of reporting an issue. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can shed a light on this. It might even just be me and work as intended?

Here is what i noticed so far:

- Harriers on Pinpoint Strike are too heavy to take off from the Tarawa with the default loadout and crash into the sea.

- F/A-18's on SEAD ripple all their HARMs at a single target, then bravely run away.

- Aircraft on Pinpoint Strike missions drop only one piece of ordnance per run, having to make several passes over the target, wich often gets them killed, or they RTB with most their bombs still on the racks because bingo.

- SA342M fires 2 HOT missiles per target, wasting half their loadout.

I know there are options to control weapon usage in the mission editor, but that might not work with the way the missions are generated?

Anyway, if some of these things can be adressed it would make for an even better experience (though I admit that is completely subjective). Especially those AV8's are a bit of a single use asset at the moment.

Edited by Derk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go here https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation and scroll down then click on getting started.......it is all in plain english on how to install.

Hi, thanks, I have the main 2.0 Op Liberation, but im asking how to install the developmental branch. The Beta version.

For iteration. I have the main branch.

I want The developmental branch. The beta.

Thanks again.

Just flew my first mission - this is awesome...the first dynamic campaign I've tried (DCE, TTI, etc) that truly felt dynamic but where you can also control the air war...super cool!

Out of curiosity, what are some of the ways to improve frame rates in VR? It's pretty bad for me - probably unavoidable with the current state of DCS but thought I'd ask.

Hi, thanks, I have the main 2.0 Op Liberation, but im asking how to install the developmental branch. The Beta version.

For iteration. I have the main branch.

I want The developmental branch. The beta.

Thanks again.

There is no beta version. You'll just have to wait until Khopa releases RC10

Just flew my first mission - this is awesome...the first dynamic campaign I've tried (DCE, TTI, etc) that truly felt dynamic but where you can also control the air war...super cool!

Out of curiosity, what are some of the ways to improve frame rates in VR? It's pretty bad for me - probably unavoidable with the current state of DCS but thought I'd ask.

Frame rate also suffers with non VR users as well. Hopefully in RC10 when we can cull without losing planned flights, frame rates will improve.

I do find If I wait on the ramp for a couple of minutes prior to takeoff, frame rate improves.

Not an installable beta tho

Hey, 2.0.10 is finally out !

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/2.0.10

I did my best to test it, and I hope there will be no game-breaking bugs for you guys. If that is the case please let me know.

So what you should expect from this release ?

• Bug fixes !
  • A-4EC and MB339 mod support (and factions for them)
  • UI improvement (new UI theme brought by @Deus )
  • New maps backgrounds
  • Faction are not restricted to bluefor or redfor only (You can now setup a Russia vs China scenario, or UK vs USA for instance)
  • A JTAC is added on each frontline (for modern factions that have access to NATO laser guided weaponry) (it's a drone hovering the frontline usings Ciribob's JTACAutolase script, that most of you guys are probably familiar with)
  • A lot of smaller changes

You have access to a full changelog on the release page.

At some point I think my DCS installation has been misconfigured due to the execution of some of the campaign scripts. Now all missions do not start as they have to, when loading any mission. I can't select the flight I want to fly, the paused cockpit appears on the screen without the typical menu, and on other occasions an external view because I can't select any of the planes. I need urgent help because some of the scripts have misconfigured DCS and it has become unstable. I have repaired and cleaned but there is no change. Radio assignments have also stopped working for me, ... the version on which this has happened to me is DCS Liberation 2.0RC9

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

@Fisu_Mad

I'm really sorry to hear you're experiencing such issues... :/

DCS Liberation will only modify a single file in your DCS installation directory, which is <dcs_installation_directory>/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua

But I don't see how it could have broken your install in such a way... :(

Did you mess with registry keys ?

I seem to be having a problem with the new version. The mission file for DCS isn't being created and with I click Fly Now nothing seems to happen whereas RC9 had a screen pop up for starting the mission. I checked the preferences and everything points to the right folders it asks for. Was there an installation step I missed? :(

Hello, I don't change registry keys.

I think it is directly related with the process of mission generation and play it. Something has change in DCS config. Now I can't choose the slot to fly. No matter the mission, campaign or not campaign. You change sobre files in save games directory??? It's so strange. It starts when I finish a mission in the camping without flying it and accept the results. This mission have a lot of AC in the SuperCarrier spanning at the same time. 10 AC. I choose 1 slot to fly. 1 for F14 inside the campaign app. Press take off and a window appear waiting the results.

I go to DCS, with the mission editor load the mission generated and press fly.

Then the mission start in external view. ...-+€€#_+ WTF, where is the menu where I choose the F14? No matters, restart,... Same thing. WTF!!

Just try MP mission, something is messing with the radios, I can't use it!!!

Let's try some SP mission to check the radios, WTF, I can't choose the slot. Missions like Round Table. Then I generate ones from editor. 3 AC, 3 clients, press fly and where is the window where I choose the AC???

Can you tell me if there is something I can restore in DCS directory or in save game dir??

Edited by Fisu_MAD

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro