Autumn 2019 Update

Hiromachi

Hey folks,

as promised last week on our facebook, we have been working on a new update for you.

Enjoy!

http://leatherneck-sim.com/2019/10/27/autumn-wind/

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to the Crusader :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No. When I will have info on those, I will forward it to you. But we cant just work on everything in parallel mate.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

SPO-10, Woohoo!!! Thank you for the update, looking good!

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Thanks for info!

Questions:

1) Will the new MiG-21 3D model in time of release include new 490L external fuel tanks, we gave to Rudel?

2) Will the PSD tamplate released also with the new 3D model?

3) Will old user created skin be usable? What adjustments the old skin will need to be used on new 3D model?

4) Will it be possible to have different bort number color for Left/Right side?

Edited by GumidekCZ

Awesome, thanks for the long awaited update!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really curious to know in which map and setting will the F4U Corsair fit... It is quite clear that the WWII free map will be set in central-north Europe, could be the paid one take place in some Pacific islands? Maybe Korea?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

You previously mentioned updated internal/cockpit textures to remove the windscreen dirt and reflections? Is that still planned?

Yes. But general idea was to adjust cockpit shapes for VR users, since module was created before VR era. However, to get there, pit has to fit perfectly into external model. So while cockpit is mostly ready for release, we can't release it without adjusting external model.

So actual "cockpit update" will contain not only pit and windscreen itself but also new pilot model and mentioned in the above update 3d model adjustments. Hope that makes sense.

Really curious to know in which map and setting will the F4U Corsair fit... It is quite clear that the WWII free map will be set in central-north Europe, could be the paid one take place in some Pacific islands? Maybe Korea?

UK had a number of Corsair Mark IVs, so I don't think it will be abnormal to see them over Britain and channel, even though they did not participate in Normandy landings.

Thanks for info!

Questions:

1) Will the new MiG-21 3D model in time of release include new 490L external fuel tanks, we gave to Rudel?

2) Will the PSD tamplate released also with the new 3D model?

3) Will old user created skin be usable? What adjustments the old skin will need to be used on new 3D model?

4) Will it be possible to have different bort number color for Left/Right side?

Questions no 2 and 3 were answered directly in the update: "As the Phase 1 fixes of the external model nears, we’ll be shortly releasing the updated template for artist to fix their liveries. A simplified early 3D model edm will be included for use in Model Viewer. With changes to the dorsal spine, tail, and pitot boom, many liveries will have misaligned camouflage patterns".

UK had a number of Corsair Mark IVs, so I don't think it will be abnormal to see them over Britain and channel, even though they did not participate in Normandy landings.

British Corsair (and Hellcats) did operate in the North Sea though, so having them at some point near Normandy is not that big of a stretch really.

No. When I will have info on those, I will forward it to you. But we cant just work on everything in parallel mate.

Rodger. Was asking since in the last update it was stated

Christen Eagle II

And last but not least, our little puke machine, which has seen multiple requests, asking to further improve it’s external and internal sounds. To address this request, we’ve decided to employ a sound engineer who recorded high quality samples of an actual Christen Eagle II during aircraft startup and engine operation. After processing and adopting for DCS standards, this sounds will be implemented to satisfy your expectations.

Which states a sound engineer has been employed specifically for the CEII. Was this not the case?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

It was. Sound samples were produced for CE2 but their implementation is still WiP.

Do we have any type of timeframe of the updates? There has been several newsletters about the cockpit and pilot model by now. SPO-10 changes are also long overdue.

And the cockpitglass dragged trough mud. Like when you see MiG-21 on outdoor museum. Almost unusable without a mod.

I have enjoyed the MiG-21bis on and off since it was released, still one of my favourites, so I hope that we're not in for another six months of waiting.

Well, we only have Rudel who can work on MiG-21bis, F4U and CE2 so it takes time unfortunately and often he has to switch from one project to the other. I cannot offer you any timeframe.

I wish we could copy and paste him a couple times to speed that up :)