question about Dynamic Weather

Lenux

I fly only with Dynamic Weather when I play single player missions, the clouds look much better

I don't really care about the wind, etc, but I'd like to know if it's possible to edit / modify the precipitations ( rain / snow )

There must be a way to make it " invisible"

Are those files, hard coded ??

Thank you, I hope anyone can help me

PS : Please don't tell me " wait for the new clouds "

They said that over and over again but nothing happens

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 4 weeks later...

Not possible, guys ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

You CAN edit the dynamic weather settings. YOu need to change the values to the proper values of different pressures and alignment of said pressure systems that would generate the desired effect. Not an easy task.

A couple years ago, someone did a tutorial write up on editing dynamic weather. Might take some digging, but it is out there.

Small pressure gradients across the pressure systems is the only way to get rid of precipitation. Manually edit the files to achieve this. Large system size and small pressure variance are the way to go.

However, you probably will not achieve the volume of cloud cover you desire

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Could you give me more details, please ?

Which file do I need to edit ??

I found one, somewhere. An example

What exactly do I have to edit here, to have as many clouds as possible, with less or no precipitation ?

Thank you

BKN-RA-Anapa-Kobuleti.lua

• 2 weeks later...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4403057&postcount=29

In a nutshell, the greater the pressure gradient, the higher the wind speeds which are not symmetrical around the system which can be circular or oblong. The higher the wind, the greater the cloud cover as well as the likelihood of precipitation (in low pressure systems). If I can find them, I had created some spreadsheets that allowed you to calculate what was needed to generate the type of weather you wanted. I stopped working on all that, when the cloud cover in dynamic weather changed from what used to be to the incomplete effects we have now.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.