New accessory for the throttle

Supmua

edc6604e897b5f1649578038e8bb8a2b.jpg

Logitech throttle quadrant. This is more elegant than using my TMWH to augment control of the Harrier. From left to right; landing gear lever, nozzle angle control, nozzle stop.

There are also 9 DX input buttons which can also be mapped to simple tasks such as autopilot, altitude hold, landing lights etc.

I use Gorilla heavy duty mounting tape to secure it to the throttle, almost like superglue.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Thats cool....could you use that for the gear flaps and hook in DCS for the hornet? ( I imagine its works with 3 axis one for each lever, so would it be possible to get these to work as buttons input? )

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thats cool....could you use that for the gear flaps and hook in DCS for the hornet? ( I imagine its works with 3 axis one for each lever, so would it be possible to get these to work as buttons input? )

You can pretty much use it for anything imaginable, axis can be converted into multiple-zone inputs. For example; 0-33% flaps down, 34-65% flaps middle, 66-100% flaps up (I use joystick gremlin for this). When I’m done with the Harrier I plan to do just that with the Hornet. It is plastic and doesn’t feel premium, but works well and doesn’t get in my way when I play.

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I've been thinking of getting one of these for use as a helicopter collective!

I found that axis inputs can be a bit jittery in the mid zones, so not ideal if you need precise input. Haven’t tested with any helicopters, though a lot of people are using it in other flightsims.

• 2 weeks later...
edc6604e897b5f1649578038e8bb8a2b.jpg

Logitech throttle quadrant. This is more elegant than using my TMWH to augment control of the Harrier. From left to right; landing gear lever, nozzle angle control, nozzle stop.

There are also 9 DX input buttons which can also be mapped to simple tasks such as autopilot, altitude hold, landing lights etc.

I use Gorilla heavy duty mounting tape to secure it to the throttle, almost like superglue.

How did you attach to the ww throttle?

Very interesting

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

How did you attach to the ww throttle?

Very interesting

Last line in Supmua's original post.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I have one that I use for nozzles in the Harrier and flaps/gear/hook for the Tomcat.

I also use it for prop, mixture, and flaps on the WWII aircraft, and flaps and gear on other jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)